Moving to Oz

Old Aug 5th 2008, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

The_Slates will become famous soon enoughThe_Slates will become famous soon enough
Default Moving to Oz

Hi

This is my first time writing. My family and I are coming to the Gold Coast area (not sure where abouts yet) early november. Have resident visa, I have lots to ask people so I hope you can help me out there.

1, Finding somewhere to rent furnished on internet a nightmare!!!!
2, Colleges for daughter (wants to be physio)
3, Work for a tiler

That will do for now much appreciated if anyone can help.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Helen Randle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Oz

I can only answer 1 small part of your question - Furnished places are rare, unless for short term holiday let which makes them expensive. I'm doing it for 3-4 weeks in Sydney for when I arrive in Jan. Websites to look at are www.realestate.com.au
www.stays.com.au

Good luck!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all

how long are you looking to rent for? otherwise rent somewhere unfurnished and accross the road from the gold coast airport (coolangatta) is a place that rents out furniture of all kinds, inc beds sofas etc...if you are only renting for less than 6 months you are better off with a holiday rental, i wish we did that but didnt know as permanant ressies we could get a mortgage straight away!! we live on goldie foe 1.5 years and any info needed please dont hesitate to pm me xxx

Last edited by lisaroo; Aug 5th 2008 at 10:10 pm. Reason: wrong info
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

The_Slates will become famous soon enoughThe_Slates will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Helen Randle
I can only answer 1 small part of your question - Furnished places are rare, unless for short term holiday let which makes them expensive. I'm doing it for 3-4 weeks in Sydney for when I arrive in Jan. Websites to look at are www.realestate.com.au
www.stays.com.au

Good luck!
Thanx for that I will look at web sites to see what is about
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lisaroo
how long are you looking to rent for? otherwise rent somewhere unfurnished and accross the road from the gold coast airport (coolangatta) is a place that rents out furniture of all kinds, inc beds sofas etc...if you are only renting for less than 6 months you are better off with a holiday rental, i wish we did that but didnt know as permanant ressies we could get a mortgage straight away!! we live on goldie foe 1.5 years and any info needed please dont hesitate to pm me xxx
Ta lisaroo for info

We wanted to rent for a year to see if we like our new surroundings before we commit ourselves to selling up back in UK. I will PM you soon ta x
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The_Slates
Hi

This is my first time writing. My family and I are coming to the Gold Coast area (not sure where abouts yet) early november. Have resident visa, I have lots to ask people so I hope you can help me out there.

1, Finding somewhere to rent furnished on internet a nightmare!!!!
2, Colleges for daughter (wants to be physio)
3, Work for a tiler

That will do for now much appreciated if anyone can help.
I cant help with the question but id just like to say Hi and welcome to the madhouse
Old Aug 5th 2008, 11:45 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

How old is your daughter? If she is school age (up to 17/18) she will need to complete her High School Certificate (HSC) to get into University (only place physio courses are offered). Physio is a very competitive course so she would need pretty good grades.

Good luck
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

Hi The-Slates,
We remember how difficult it is to find short term rental, we struggled 2 years ago and paid a fortune for the pleasure, thats why when we arrived we decided to help other people out who is arriving and offer a service with full support and short term rental. We are located 45 minutes from the Gold Coast and 20 minutes to CBD with train line to both areas 5 minutes away. We have a self contained studio with own garden and use of a pool, it is ideal for touring around and use as a base. If struggling, please dont hesitate to contact us we will help you with all we can, good luck
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:16 am
Just Joined

nufc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi try a place called sailfish cove, a resort style place with a couple of swimming pools, we rented a fully furnished place there for 6 months. Its in mermaid waters, handy for everything. Also regarding tiling try a company called guaranteed tiling, i worked for them for 6 months , good mob to work for, ask for goody
cheers carl