Moving to Oz

Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future
Default Moving to Oz

Myself and my partner are considering the move to Oz. Please could you give us an insight into life there, what are the Aussies like, are people friendly ? How easy is it to get a job ? Any feedback would be appreciated good and especially the bad.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Re: Moving to Oz

Originally Posted by kbryant
Myself and my partner are considering the move to Oz. Please could you give us an insight into life there, what are the Aussies like, are people friendly ? How easy is it to get a job ? Any feedback would be appreciated good and especially the bad.
Not there yet but thought I would say welcome to the forum you are in the right place

Chris

PS you'll soon be as mad as the rest of us!!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:55 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kbryant
We have been there twice. We found people very friendly, everywhere you go. The life style is very laid back. We feel it is the right place to bring up our two boys (10&11). It is not 'Paradise' and I think as long as you are not expecting 'England' with sun you should be ok.
You need to spend some time out there to make sure it's the right move for you, as they say, one mans meat is another mans poison.
What ever you decide all the best.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Not there yet but thought I would say welcome to the forum you are in the right place

Chris

PS you'll soon be as mad as the rest of us!!

Cheers,
We are currently living in Toronto - steer clear of this place believe me !!! We cannot wait to leave and if we don't get into Oz will think about going back to Dubai. Just don't want to make the same mistake by moving somewhere we are not happy ! Oh well...
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
We have been there twice. We found people very friendly, everywhere you go. The life style is very laid back. We feel it is the right place to bring up our two boys (10&11). It is not 'Paradise' and I think as long as you are not expecting 'England' with sun you should be ok.
You need to spend some time out there to make sure it's the right move for you, as they say, one mans meat is another mans poison.
What ever you decide all the best.

Hi, yeah we have been over there and really liked what we saw, left the UK 5 years ago have been in the Middle East and now in Toronto but desperate to leav ethis place is certainly not for us !