Reload this Page >

Moving out tomorrow!!!

Moving out tomorrow!!!

Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Scott&Berni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving out tomorrow!!!

Hi all

We move out of our house tomorrow...the nice people from Brittania are coming to pack up all our worldy possessions to ship them. We have sneaked in a new washing machine which we have scuffed a little after reading someone thread about only being able to buy top loader washing machines in oz.

At the minute we have everything, every where..It is really strange to see all your possessions in boxes and bags. We move into relations house for 7 weeks before we go. Our buyer is going to OZ for the rugby next week and they wanted to complete before they went so they could move their stuff in before they go. 6 weeks from sale to completion....a whirlwind!. So finish work in 4 weeks and then a few weeks to visit rellies and then oz here we come.

Like lots of others....really and really excited at the same time. A few of these to to get me through 2morow I think!!
Cheers
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Moving out tomorrow!!!

Originally posted by Scott&Berni
Hi all

We move out of our house tomorrow...the nice people from Brittania are coming to pack up all our worldy possessions to ship them. We have sneaked in a new washing machine which we have scuffed a little after reading someone thread about only being able to buy top loader washing machines in oz.

At the minute we have everything, every where..It is really strange to see all your possessions in boxes and bags. We move into relations house for 7 weeks before we go. Our buyer is going to OZ for the rugby next week and they wanted to complete before they went so they could move their stuff in before they go. 6 weeks from sale to completion....a whirlwind!. So finish work in 4 weeks and then a few weeks to visit rellies and then oz here we come.

Like lots of others....really and really excited at the same time. A few of these to to get me through 2morow I think!!
Cheers
Best wishes to you both and to your furniture! can't wait to get to your stage,
take care and good luck with your new lives
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

nor me rach

arlene
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Glad for you that you are on the final stretch - enjoy your few weeks after work - can't wait 'til i can tell my boss i'm off!!!

best wishes!
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:53 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

good luck with everything!!
I looked at a webpage someone posted on here the other day, with photos of when the packers were in 'doing' the packing - it did seem very wierd with everything parcelled up in brown paper and string/tape!!! bet the neighbours curtains were a flurry of activity!!
have fun!
if you go in 7 weeks, does that mean you fly out christmas week?

sue
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by steandleigh
Glad for you that you are on the final stretch - enjoy your few weeks after work - can't wait 'til i can tell my boss i'm off!!!

best wishes!
Thanks for the good wishes. It's all moved so fast since we got the best letter in the world(the yellow one). I, like some of you was a very impatient applicant. It's infurriating having your future in someone else's hands. Here's to freedom again.

I know some people have the attitude that you should carry on with life as normal until you get a decision (and this is definately the best way) but I found that very hard and lapped up anything which had the slightist reference to oz. Sounds really sad!!!. Thankfully as I've worked out their before I'm very aware of what is awaiting us and I for one, CAN'T Wait.
Cheers
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
good luck with everything!!
I looked at a webpage someone posted on here the other day, with photos of when the packers were in 'doing' the packing - it did seem very wierd with everything parcelled up in brown paper and string/tape!!! bet the neighbours curtains were a flurry of activity!!
have fun!
if you go in 7 weeks, does that mean you fly out christmas week?

sue
Sure does...christmas day evening. Breakfast and lunch with rellies and dinner with Malaysian airlines!
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the good wishes. It's all moved so fast since we got the best letter in the world(the yellow one). I, like some of you was a very impatient applicant. It's infurriating having your future in someone else's hands. Here's to freedom again.

I know some people have the attitude that you should carry on with life as normal until you get a decision (and this is definately the best way) but I found that very hard and lapped up anything which had the slightist reference to oz. Sounds really sad!!!. Thankfully as I've worked out their before I'm very aware of what is awaiting us and I for one, CAN'T Wait.
Cheers

Very true that when you are waiting for a decision, it is hard to concentrate on anything else. True again, that anything with an aussie reference has my ears pricked up!!!

Good luck and best wishes.

Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:04 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Sure does...christmas day evening. Breakfast and lunch with rellies and dinner with Malaysian airlines!

sounds fab!!
have a wonderful day - bet it will be a christmas you wont forget!!
what have you asked father christmas for??? (something small and easy to pack?)

sue
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hope everything goes smoothly for you. Best of luck with your new adventure.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:57 pm
WBB

Default Re: Moving out tomorrow!!!

We have sneaked in a new washing machine which we have scuffed a little after reading someone thread about only being able to buy top loader washing machines in oz.
we are considering this option as top loaders are a little tempremantal at best.

let us know how it washes with customs.

excuse the pun

Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck Scott & Bernie. Wishing you all the best for your new lives in Oz.

footie chick
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:15 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the news scott & berni, give me a yell if you need anything when you get here.

But one thing I do have to point out, for WBB at least, is that you can easily buy front loading washing mashines here ie they are in the shops, but they are just a bit more expensive than top loaders. Doesnt mean you cant get them though - we have one . People just tend to buy toploaders, probably because of the price.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats and have fun

cheers booboo

Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

I've said it before and I'll say it again you've got some balls!!!!
Not only are you moving to the other side of the world but you are doing it on chrimbo day:scared: :scared: if anybody deserves to succeed then you do.I should be there by then and will raise a glass(or 2 3 4 5)on chritmas day.Good luck and enjoy the mile high club dinner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.