Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving out to Oz on my own!

Moving out to Oz on my own!

Old Nov 1st 2004, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant future
Default Re: Moving out to Oz on my own!

Hi Dave,
Nice to hear from you and thanks for the advice!

No chance of changing Canberra I'm afraid - have been offered job, with good relocation package. It will be okay for a couple of years, then who knows! Anywhere can't be bad after living in Birmingham for the past eight years! (Brummies - I mean in terms of the weather, not the people!!!!)

Sounds like you're enjoying Sydney - I'll definately take you up on the offer of a drink.
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

windsordave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kristine
Hi Dave,
Nice to hear from you and thanks for the advice!

No chance of changing Canberra I'm afraid - have been offered job, with good relocation package. It will be okay for a couple of years, then who knows! Anywhere can't be bad after living in Birmingham for the past eight years! (Brummies - I mean in terms of the weather, not the people!!!!)

Sounds like you're enjoying Sydney - I'll definately take you up on the offer of a drink.
LOL ... well sorry Kristine but being a Brummie Ive taken offence and the offer of the drink has been withdrawn

just kidding !!!! are you flying in via Sydney?

Message me !

Dave
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 11:31 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah no worries, I've been living here on my own for a few months without any worries(waiting for the gf visa ), you will probably get some sort of social life from work as well.

There are plenty of groups/interests where you can pickup some friends. I've been living in a shared house about 1 month ago and it was pretty good laugh, but I've moved into an apartment now ready for the gf so my social life is a bit boring at the mo.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Kristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant futureKristine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by claire1974
Hello, not really advice, but to say me and my partner are hoping to move to Canberra soon as im a nurse and will hopefully get a job offer through a agency this week. Be nice to keep in touch with someone who is going through the same process, as we dont know anybody in Auz let alone Canberra. Anyway, be pleased to comm here or on PM. Ive been trying to find Threads on Canberra but not that many. Seen the link about pets though. I have a cat who i want to bring with me
Hi Claire,
Nice to hear from you, I'm using Golden Arrow shippers to move my cat out, I have met people on hear who have used them and had good things to say - put my mind at ease (since more worried about puss than myself) there number is 01588 680 240 - they'll send you out an info pack.
My partner who is now hoping to come with me (hurray) has a cousin out in Canberra. He moved out there two years ago and loves it. If I can be of any help, just let me know.
You will have to join the Canberra crew for a drink, when we get out there.
When are you hoping to move?
Keep in touch.
Kristine.xx
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by windsordave
LOL ... well sorry Kristine but being a Brummie Ive taken offence and the offer of the drink has been withdrawn

just kidding !!!! are you flying in via Sydney?

Message me !

Dave
You brummies are well tough and used to getting a good slagging!!!! ha

Yes hoping to fly in via Sydney - however, if I ever get there is another matter - really weird, making such a big move and relying on people on the other side of the world to sort it out (new employer dealing with all the relocation issues). I keep feeling I should be doing something, just a waiting game!!!

So what are you doing out there in Sydney and does anyone understand your thick black country accent - bab
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:33 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kristine
Hey guys,
I've been offered the chance to work in Canberra - moving out hopefully in Jan!!

Just a bit worried about moving out on my own!

I'm sure many of you out there have done it!!!!

Looking for some advice/ top tips to survive doing visa forms, trying to sell my house, and getting my beloved cat out there with me - without totally losing the plot!!!

Cheers in advance

K
Nice one

Yippeeeee!! WELL DONE!!!

Old Nov 4th 2004, 8:08 am
claire1974

Well I didnt get the Job offer For Canberra (had interview in Birminham), said i wasnt qualified long enough and try again next yr this aint gonna stop me though, any advice??, ive got Canberra in my head now!! i need a you guys need to keep me motivated claire xx

Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:13 am
sula

Originally Posted by claire1974
Well I didnt get the Job offer For Canberra (had interview in Birminham), said i wasnt qualified long enough and try again next yr this aint gonna stop me though, any advice??, ive got Canberra in my head now!! i need a you guys need to keep me motivated claire xx

Hi Claire,
Sorry to hear that you didn't get your job. Canberra Health were at the Expo in London last weekend and were recruiting nurses. Not sure if they were the same people who interviewed you. Some of the nurses who went to the Expo may have kept their contact details. They were offering sponsorship and relocation. I had a chat to them about living in Canberra as I have been offered a job there as a child protection worker.

Good luck and who knows we may meet up over there!

Sula

Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:39 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I'm going out all by my lonesome too!

Still, that's how I want it to be, as it makes things that bit less complicated, i.e. possibility of a partner not settling as well as you.

Whether I'll fell isolated? Yes, probably, at least in the beginning. But I'm one of lifes adventurers, so I'll try and take it in my stride. I don't have a house to sell, or a kitty, and I'm way off applying for my visa.

Nevertheless, I wish you the very best of luck. What sort of job will you be doing in Canberra?

Tony.
???????????????
Cas
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:44 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
???????????????
Cas
That was a while back Cas. And what's more, you were here when I posted it, and you approved! Things have moved on quite a bit between us since then, don't you think?
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:50 am
Account Closed

That was a while back Cas. And what's more, you were here when I posted it, and you approved! Things have moved on quite a bit between us since then, don't you think?
Whoops - just noted your message date!!!
Sorry, had other things on my mind so to speak
Cas
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:55 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

DAMN, Thought the first online lovers tiff was breaking out there.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy
DAMN, Thought the first online lovers tiff was breaking out there.
Cheeky s**
Cas
Old Nov 4th 2004, 11:07 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Cheeky s**
Cas
Sounds familiar......
Old Nov 4th 2004, 11:12 am
Account Closed

Sounds familiar......
Ditto to you for that
Cas XXXX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.