Reload this Page >

moving our cat to Oz

moving our cat to Oz

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

doria is an unknown quantity at this point
Question moving our cat to Oz

Hello migrating pet lovers,
Does anybody know anything about relocating cats? Me and my family are moving from GB to Australia in a few months time. We would like to take our cat with us but have no idea how much would that cost. Any idea, any suggestions any information or personal experiences will be hugely appreciated.
Thank you all
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:53 pm
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of
Default Re: moving our cat to Oz

Originally Posted by doria
Does anybody know anything about relocating cats? Me and my family are moving from GB to Australia in a few months time. We would like to take our cat with us but have no idea how much would that cost. Any idea, any suggestions any information or personal experiences will be hugely appreciated.
Thank you all
If you do a search in this forum you should find lots of threads on pets. Jabs, shipping, quarantine etc etc will probably amount to about £750. Others will probably advise you in more detail. We've got a dog and 5 cats to consider next year!!

Karl
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 2:44 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doria
Thank you all
Try Golden Arrow thats who we are using,Tel 01588 680240 you might want to do it soon as there can be a waiting time for Quarantine in Perth i think. C x

Originally Posted by Karl & Ann
If you do a search in this forum you should find lots of threads on pets. Jabs, shipping, quarantine etc etc will probably amount to about £750. Others will probably advise you in more detail. We've got a dog and 5 cats to consider next year!!

Karl
Think it might cost a bit more than that even for just one cat......we are shipping a dog and a cat and it is costing £2238 plus kennels fees in Sydney. C x
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 2:49 pm
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of

I'm allowing for about £1,500 for the dog. Someonne from work recently moved back to Indonesia, and that worked out about £550 per cat. Obviously expect Australia to be more expensive (further and higher labour costs for the cattery/quarantine).

Karl
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 2:52 pm
Pasta Fari

Our dog is 17kg. I've seen much higher figures than £1,500 for larger breeds.

A Norwegian Forest cat might cost the same as a dog!

Karl
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

billybaba is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Karl & Ann
Our dog is 17kg. I've seen much higher figures than £1,500 for larger breeds.

A Norwegian Forest cat might cost the same as a dog!

Karl
we have been quoted £2675 for our german shepherd bitch(really !she is) have to get her chipped and usual tests done separately,that would buy a lot of iced beers in oz