Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to NZ - Recommend a removal Company

Moving to NZ - Recommend a removal Company

Old Sep 15th 2003, 5:13 pm
NZ bound Jan 04

monkeyman1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to NZ - Recommend a removal Company

Can anyone recommend though 1st 2nd hand experince some removal companies.

Im going to get 3 quotes and need your input, to get the best service with the best value.

Cheers Steve

Hey come on guys still no reply to my last thread re phone- HELP ME PLEASE

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=178421
Old Sep 15th 2003, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Linda Welch is an unknown quantity at this point

I cannot recommend anyone as yet but I have 3 companies coming round to give free estimates in the next 2 weeks.
Send me a reply next week and I will get back to you.
If you get ant recommendations please let me know.
We are hopfully going to South Island.
Good Luck !!
Old Sep 15th 2003, 7:03 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving to NZ - Recommend a removal Company

Originally posted by monkeyman
Can anyone recommend though 1st 2nd hand experince some removal companies.

Im going to get 3 quotes and need your input, to get the best service with the best value.

Cheers Steve

Hey come on guys still no reply to my last thread re phone- HELP ME PLEASE

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=178421

We used PSS from Uk to NZ had no problems, they were the cheapest and we received a great service, would recommend them.

Paula
Old Sep 15th 2003, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

smithone is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Pickfords when I moved from London to Auckland and then used them again when I moved house in Auckland.

Service was superb and they didn't break a thing.

Not the cheapest but I had no problems with them.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

Akaubear is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Pickfords with no problems. They weren't the cheapest quote for us either, but we did get them to lower it so it was pretty close...

Nicola
Old Sep 16th 2003, 8:06 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

We used TEAM Avalon just recently, and the packing and removal went very smoothly. They were competitive on price.

Can't say for another month or so whether the goods will turn up OK.

PSS were the other one we might have gone with, they seemed to be very busy and it might have been difficult to get a slot with them. Pickfords were expensive, and we could not see what they offered over the others (except for the name on the side of the van - which counts for nothing in NZ).
Old Sep 16th 2003, 3:44 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Got loads and loads of quotes from different companies for our move to oz and have booked with PSS very businesslike and the company they use on the other side contacted us direct as well They were not quite the cheapest (that was Bishops Move) BUT there was very little difference and we thought they were the best all round.