Wikiposts

Moving to NZ

Old Mar 18th 2004, 9:25 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to NZ

Originally posted by Brynhyfryd
Hi,

we are thinking of moving to NZ with our 2 young children from Wales. I am an occupational therapist and wondered if anyone had any advice about career opportunities. We would also like advice on areas to live, schools, etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Welcome to the site

Try this link it :

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=beginers

You should find a few useful contact on there. Look at the bottom of the first post for a specific NZ forum.

PS Monkey Girl thanks The rest of this site are now very worried for you
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

binman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Roger
Hawkes Bay Health Board are recruiting Occupational Therapists. Not sure about Mental Health but there are vacancies in the Unit. HB is a great area, mountains, sea, wine etc. 0064 878 8109.

If you're coming to NZ for a new life not sure if South Auckland will be for you. Bit like Toxteth with Palm Trees. Most of the MH clients will be Maori / Pacific Islanders. Lots with drug-induced psychosis (and violent). Imagine house prices in 'nice' commutable areas would be high. I'm told that it is dangerous to walk in around Middlemore locale at night.

Highly recommend coming before you leap. Would be cheaper than coming out then sending it all back again. A good investment. Hire a camper and take a month.
I agree a visit to get an overview of NZ and where might be a comfortable place to live would be a good idea. As for South Auckland it is a large area with a very diverse population mix from the poorer scio economic groups in the west to wealthy managerial/executive classes in the East. Middlemore Hospital is stuck in the middle and has a reputation for being more relaxed and staff friendly than the other major hospitals. The staff mix reflects the cultural diversity of the area but yes some of the immediate areas around the hospital would not be my idea of a place to live in Aukland. Regards schools,schools have a decile rating 1 -10, 10 being the highest. Unfortunately the higher the decile rating the less money it collects from the government by way of funding.The shortfall is made up by parents donations, fund raising etc. Decile 10 schools expect to pay between 400-500 dollars p.a. Go to GOOGLE and type in ERO NZ that will give you the report on any school you may be interested in.CHEERS BINMAN

Last edited by binman; Mar 18th 2004 at 5:09 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

slowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud of

hey jack, buddy ol' pal.... y is the site worried bout me... coz ya me best pal.. hahahahaha.. if so i can see where there coming from... ya r a bit of a nutter....

monkey girl
x