Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

a serious question about australia...

a serious question about australia...

Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:06 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Lightbulb a serious question about australia...

... can you get creme eggs there?? can you?

What about mini eggs and dairy milk chocolate?

Come on these are important considerations when deciding to move to a new country. any support would be appreciated.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:13 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: a serious question about australia...

Never noticed any creme eggs/mini eggs. However did notice that the chocolate did not tast the same as the Uk. It tasted fake, manufactured and well not like chocolate. Husband reckons its because it has properties in to help stop it melting so quickly. never noticed myself as normally none is left to test this theory
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:24 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by rob&lucy
Never noticed any creme eggs/mini eggs. However did notice that the chocolate did not tast the same as the Uk. It tasted fake, manufactured and well not like chocolate. Husband reckons its because it has properties in to help stop it melting so quickly. never noticed myself as normally none is left to test this theory
well that would explain a lot, how can life move on without propper chocolate?

I need to know if you can get creme eggs in auz. I want to send a friend some of them, but i would look a right fool if i send them and they can buy them down the road! If all else fails i might just buy a few bars of the good stuff and send those instead. Of course the creme eggs i've already bought will be put to good use and devoired in the name of research.

does anyone know? there must be someone out there..
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:28 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Scutter,

Mini eggs and dairy milk chocolate you can definitely get in Aus.

I must admit I didn't notice creme eggs either but wasn't really looking for them so I'm not sure on that one.

Can ask my sister at the weekend when I phone her if you can wait that long?

Elaine M
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Yes...you can get all the cadburys creme eggs you want...and many of the other varieties.

I have been trying to avoid them for weeks!!!! ...i wish the petrol stations wouldnt leave them on the counter calling my name everytime i go in
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:33 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by rob&lucy
You get used to the taste of the chocolate after a while. Well, I did
I remember thinking it wasn't as good as the UK stuff, but i'm still eating it.

And yes, i agree with PP, creme eggs are all over the place now. I'm sure they are available during most of the year too !!

Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:36 pm
life begins again...

...ah bugger. that puts me in a right position then *scoffing those creme eggs*

what could i by in the uk for a die hard chocoholic that she can't get in aus?

any ideas?
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:39 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by scutterUK

any ideas?
Minstrels are hard to come by. Myself and friend found one place that did them in a roadtrip taking in Sydney to Brisbane!
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Those other indicators of civilization (McVitee chocolate digestives and chocolate Hob Nobs) are also available here.

However alas, Penguins are not available, you have to put up with Tim Tams
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:41 pm
ABCDiamond

any ideas?
Terrys DARK chocolate Orange !!

I can get the milk chocolate ones but not the Dark Chocolate !!

I'll give you my postal address

Seriously though, consider carefully the effect of sending chocolates ! The post man leaves mail outside the house, often in full sunlight ! It might get a bit warm.

Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:43 pm
life begins again...

Originally posted by Trevglas
Those other indicators of civilization (McVitee chocolate digestives and chocolate Hob Nobs) are also available here.

However alas, Penguins are not available, you have to put up with Tim Tams
no penguins :scared:
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:45 pm
life begins again...

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Terrys DARK chocolate Orange !!

I can get the milk chocolate ones but not the Dark Chocolate !!

I'll give you my postal address

Seriously though, consider carefully the effect of sending chocolates ! The post man leaves mail outside the house, often in full sunlight ! It might get a bit warm.
yeah that's a point,... i'm still thinking cold weather here. maybe i need to rethink my plans and try for something more solid.... what about a bag of wine gums? hmm...
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:48 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

yeah that's a point,... i'm still thinking cold weather here. maybe i need to rethink my plans and try for something more solid.... what about a bag of wine gums? hmm...

my brother sent me a bag of dairymilk and smarties, he put it in a jiffy bag which luckily enough happened to be too big for the mailbox, so the posties in the area I was in used to leave that stuff by the frontdoor, under the porch, in the shade all was good with the chocolate - didnt last long though!!
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:56 pm
life begins again...

Originally posted by mlbonner
my brother sent me a bag of dairymilk and smarties, he put it in a jiffy bag which luckily enough happened to be too big for the mailbox, so the posties in the area I was in used to leave that stuff by the frontdoor, under the porch, in the shade all was good with the chocolate - didnt last long though!!

well i could take it all out of the wrappers and put it in a plastic back, then if it does melt she could just pop it in the fridge and there ya go! one big block of chocolate, platic bag shaped!

actually i could mix a few thigns up then,..... jelly babies in chocolate anyone?

actually while i think about it, has anyone made a jelly and then put jelly babies in it? My dad was being creative one day and we'd just come back from seeing titanic at the cinema. He made a jelly and put the jelly babies in it. He left them floating in the jelly with just their heads showing.,.... the survivors from the titanic... ? ?... well he thought it was funny. The weird thing was that after a day or so the bodies of the jelly babies started to bloat and eventually merge with the surrounding jelly! we ended up with a multicoloured jelly with floating heads but no bodies!! very weird... lol worth a try if anyone gets bored one day.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:00 pm
Badge

I had a Creme Egg the other week. It was the first time I'd noticed after almost 15 months that Chocolate does taste different over here.

Tim Tams taste better than Penguins. And they come in more varieties other than 'plain', like double choc, caramel etc.

The good thing about Cadburys over here is that there are more varieties it seems eg Snack, Honeycomb Crisp etc

Badge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.