Reload this Page >

Moving to NSW with Children on Partner Visa Temp 309

Moving to NSW with Children on Partner Visa Temp 309

Old Jun 21st 2015, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Evie923 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to NSW with Children on Partner Visa Temp 309

Hi all

wondered if anyone would be able to help with some advice. I have recently been granted a Partner (Provisional) (class UF) Partner (Provisional)
(subclass 309) visa. This includes my 2 children aged 12 and 11. ( I also have another child aged 2 with my Australian partner) .

Now my question is, we have no conditions etc, and I obviously want to put the two elder ones into school as soon as possible. I cant find a clear cut answer on school fees and if they have to pay the international fees. Some places have said no, they are able to have schooling as an Australian would, others are quoting costs that international students pay. Also, at their ages what years would they be going into in January 2016. My 12 year old is concerned he is going back to middle school x x haha many thanks in advance x x

Evie x

http://www.detinternational.nsw.edu....ss-309-820.pdf

found this link on line saying that they have removed the ATE
http://www.detinternational.nsw.edu....subclasses.pdf

Does this answer my question. as it says that we dont need to complete ATE and that there are no Temporary Residents
Program Fees Payable for the 309 ?

Last edited by Evie923; Jun 21st 2015 at 5:00 pm. Reason: added more text
Old Jun 21st 2015, 7:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to NSW with Children on Partner Visa Temp 309

Originally Posted by Evie923
Hi all

wondered if anyone would be able to help with some advice. I have recently been granted a Partner (Provisional) (class UF) Partner (Provisional)
(subclass 309) visa. This includes my 2 children aged 12 and 11. ( I also have another child aged 2 with my Australian partner) .

Now my question is, we have no conditions etc, and I obviously want to put the two elder ones into school as soon as possible. I cant find a clear cut answer on school fees and if they have to pay the international fees. Some places have said no, they are able to have schooling as an Australian would, others are quoting costs that international students pay. Also, at their ages what years would they be going into in January 2016. My 12 year old is concerned he is going back to middle school x x haha many thanks in advance x x

Evie x

Does this answer my question. as it says that we dont need to complete ATE and that there are no Temporary Residents
I don't think they'd count as International as its not a 'real' temporary visa like the 457. They are on a Provisional Visa waiting for the grant of PR. But having said that I don't think anyone has asked it before on here!
Be interested to see what anyone else comes up with....
Old Jun 21st 2015, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I don't think they'd count as International as its not a 'real' temporary visa like the 457. They are on a Provisional Visa waiting for the grant of PR. But having said that I don't think anyone has asked it before on here!
Be interested to see what anyone else comes up with....
Thank you for taking the time to answer, its so hard to completely understand with all their forms and tables! I can't seem to find a straight forward answer anywhere
Old Jun 21st 2015, 10:47 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Evie923
Hi all

Evie x

According to this exemption form, there are no fees for students on a 309
Old Jun 21st 2015, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dreamy
According to this exemption form, there are no fees for students on a 309

Thank you dreamy for clarifying that, I found that after my original post but was still unsure because of the alternative wording xx so many things to think about and plan I am double/triple checking everything lol! Ty for your time x