Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

moving to mundingburra in Jan 2013

moving to mundingburra in Jan 2013

Old Dec 19th 2012, 2:35 am
Just Joined

maidstone steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to mundingburra in Jan 2013

Hi, My family a i are to move to mundingburra atthe beginning of Jan, with have a Boy 13 and girl 10 he will be going to Pimlico High School and we think she will go to mundingburra Primary, weve been in Perth for 7 months but i have a new job in Townsville, we would love to hear from any Poms that are in Townsville that would like to meet up with us as we dont know anyone yet,can anyone tell us if mundingburra is a good place to bring up kids?

Thanks , Steve and Kristy
Old Dec 28th 2012, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Scot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to all
Default Re: moving to mundingburra in Jan 2013

Hi Steve and Kristy, you wont find any shortage of poms in Townsville - seems everyday you meet at least one. Mundingburra is a beautiful suburb full of more classic houses, there are also some impressive million dollar + houses on the Ross River - a few blocks over from the school. You'll find everything is on your fingertips here, a very impressive renovated shopping centre that houses Myer and hundreds of shops, aswell as great transport links to the CBD, Strand and Casteltown. There is also a private hospital, so get used to seeing lots of Audi's and BMW's Great choice on Townsville, it is a beautiful city, one that is BOOMING and going absolutely gangbusters (sooo much growth)! You'll enjoy what is voted and won 5 years in a row the best waterfront in Australia (the Strand) aswell as the islands that front the coastline and creeks at your fingertips. Good luck, and happy new year.

Last edited by Scot_expat; Dec 28th 2012 at 6:44 am.