Reload this Page >

Moving to Melbourne - Mt Waverly

Moving to Melbourne - Mt Waverly

Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:23 am
Just Joined

tmelvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Moving to Melbourne - Mt Waverly

Hi Friends,
I am helping a friend who is migrating to Melbourne, Mt Waverly this coming september. Her hubby will be migrating first before she and her son follows next year.

She is in a dilemma becos she realised that without knowing anyone in the real estate industry, its going be tough to rent a place there.

Can anyone who is in R.E or knows any landlord that knows you personally that is looking to rent out their apartments ?

Appreciate all help given.

You can contact me via this forum or through AIM - cpamelvin if that is allowed by the moderator here.

Thanks a million in advance.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:57 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Melbourne - Mt Waverly

Originally Posted by tmelvin
Hi Friends,
I am helping a friend who is migrating to Melbourne, Mt Waverly this coming september. Her hubby will be migrating first before she and her son follows next year.

She is in a dilemma becos she realised that without knowing anyone in the real estate industry, its going be tough to rent a place there.

Can anyone who is in R.E or knows any landlord that knows you personally that is looking to rent out their apartments ?

You can contact me via this forum or through AIM - cpamelvin if that is allowed by the moderator here.

Why is she anticipating that knowing someone will be of more assistance?

Why Mt Waverley? is this a location based on the hubbies job? or perhaps schooling? It just seems a bit specific and yet Mt Waverley while a great place is surrounded by many similar options.

We know the area quite well if you or she/he wish to PM us
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:00 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Friends,

You will be very unlikely to find anybody interested in renting to somebody they have never met, and are not yet in the country.

Rentals in Vic go so fast, they would want to see you face to face, and check credentials.

They are better off looking for a short term furnished rental for 4-8 weeks to get everything sorted, visit different areas/schools in the area etc, and at the same time find a rental for long term.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Hi All,
Thanks to Geelong and Furkew for the reply. I will PM Geelong separately.

You ROCK ! Thanks a lot
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Why is she anticipating that knowing someone will be of more assistance?

Why Mt Waverley? is this a location based on the hubbies job? or perhaps schooling? It just seems a bit specific and yet Mt Waverley while a great place is surrounded by many similar options.

We know the area quite well if you or she/he wish to PM us
Geelong,
I am not able to PM you as there were some system msg that says I am not able to PM as I have made 3 post ??

Thanks a million.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Geelong,
I am not able to PM you as there were some system msg that says I am not able to PM as I have made 3 post ??

Thanks a million.
You now have three posts so can access your pms. I removed your email address for privacy reasons
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Geelong,

Thanks a million.

Hi Geelong,

My friend found out from some friend who migrated to Canada that it would be easier to find
some friends who has migrated to Australia to help her find housing best if they are
in R.E cos that would be easier then she not knowing anyone in Australia and trying to find
her way looking for lodgings.

Her agency suggested MT Waverly for certain reasons which I din ask, probably closer to
school..not too sure on that..

Her husband is planning for a trip in September to Mt Waverly to scout or even meet up
with the landlord or any R.Estate agent that could help them source for a place. As they
are new and with no credit history, its gonna be tough to even get the landlord or R.estate
agents to find a good and reasonable rental place.

Thus thats why I am helping them to scout forums and see if anyone from Mt wAverly knows
anyone that could help tie up with people that can lend her a helping hand.

She is my good friend and she has requested me if i can fly in with her hubby to Mt Waverly and
meet anyone who is willing to help them at least find a lodging place to temporary settle
down before looking at long term accomodation.

If anyone can help, I am prepared to fly in Australia and help her settle this..

Any help appreciated.

Melvin Tan
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:15 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Geelong,

My friend found out from some friend who migrated to Canada that it would be easier to find
some friends who has migrated to Australia to help her find housing best if they are
in R.E cos that would be easier then she not knowing anyone in Australia and trying to find
her way looking for lodgings.

Her agency suggested MT Waverly for certain reasons which I din ask, probably closer to
school..not too sure on that..

Her husband is planning for a trip in September to Mt Waverly to scout or even meet up
with the landlord or any R.Estate agent that could help them source for a place. As they
are new and with no credit history, its gonna be tough to even get the landlord or R.estate
agents to find a good and reasonable rental place.

Thus thats why I am helping them to scout forums and see if anyone from Mt wAverly knows
anyone that could help tie up with people that can lend her a helping hand.

She is my good friend and she has requested me if i can fly in with her hubby to Mt Waverly and
meet anyone who is willing to help them at least find a lodging place to temporary settle
down before looking at long term accomodation.

If anyone can help, I am prepared to fly in Australia and help her settle this..

Any help appreciated.

Melvin Tan
Have sent you an email Melvin.

Shane