Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

moving to melbourne

moving to melbourne

Old Aug 4th 2008, 10:43 am
Just Joined

ANDY B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to melbourne

We are living in Brisbane at the moment and are looking to move to Melbounrne around late November. Has anyone any info on what Frankston is like to live and rent in and also what the job market is like down there for general admin work. Have heard mixed reports on Frankston and also the job situation in Melbourne. Any info would be great!

Ta!
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to melbourne

Originally Posted by ANDY B
We are living in Brisbane at the moment and are looking to move to Melbounrne around late November. Has anyone any info on what Frankston is like to live and rent in and also what the job market is like down there for general admin work. Have heard mixed reports on Frankston and also the job situation in Melbourne. Any info would be great!

Ta!

Hi

Frankston is not as bad an area as people make out, most of whom have never visited the place!

The only real bad bit is North Frankston and the Pines estate in particular.

John
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Hey,

Just curious why are you moving from Brissy?
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Thanks John for your reply, we have read and heard positive things about Frankston and its good to get feed back from someone that lives in the area.
We are moving from Brisbane as our accomodation is coming to an end and we wanted to try somewhere new. Having visited both Sydney and Melbourne which we really enjoyed Melbourne seemed like the more affordable. We have no children so wish to experience diffirent aspects of Australia before setteling and buying a place.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Hi, I live in Frankston South and I'm very happy here. I agree with Jonds comments.

Mt.Eliza and Mornington are nearby and have a few good bars, shops and restaurants.

I don't work as I'm a stay at home Mum but there are plenty of businesses in Frankston and Mornington. Dandenong isn't too far to travel to work from here either. There are a couple of job agencies in Frankston that could give you an idea of work prospects. Leading Edge Careers springs to mind.

If you would like to know anything else about the area just ask.

Caroline
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Thanks Caroline for your info, we have read positive stuff about Frankston South and had a very breif look at Mornington last year, which seemed lovely! Would you be able to tell me what the local papers for Frankston and Mornington are called? would like a sticky at them for jobs and rentals and local info. Really appriciate your input!

Ta! Andrea
Old Aug 6th 2008, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ANDY B
Thanks Caroline for your info, we have read positive stuff about Frankston South and had a very breif look at Mornington last year, which seemed lovely! Would you be able to tell me what the local papers for Frankston and Mornington are called? would like a sticky at them for jobs and rentals and local info. Really appriciate your input!

Ta! Andrea

The leader group covers about 15 different areas I think?

They are online as well, the only bits I tend to read though is "thumbs up/thumbs down" and the property section.

John