moving interstate with pets

moving interstate with pets

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:13 am
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough
Default moving interstate with pets

Hi there

Can anyone who has moved interstate with their pets give me any recommendations or rough costs?

I got the cats here therefore have no previous exerience of this. I have heard of jet pets, but websites keep mentioning taking pet as "extra luggage" which concerns me

Much appreciated

Karen
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 1:33 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: moving interstate with pets

Originally Posted by Sye
Hi there

Can anyone who has moved interstate with their pets give me any recommendations or rough costs?

I got the cats here therefore have no previous exerience of this. I have heard of jet pets, but websites keep mentioning taking pet as "extra luggage" which concerns me

Much appreciated

Karen
Hi Karen, I did just that when I moved from Melbourne to Perth, I rand a pet transport mob and the lady on the phone told me if someone was flying hire a cage and put the dog on as excess. We did the cage for the standard poodle was $35 excess baggage $10. She quoted $750 door to door. I said I could buy the dog a first class seat for that and she would have got a feed too... The dog was fine, I picked her up from the cargo section and it saved me a fortune. That was 14 years ago.. May be a bit more now. They look after them and it is way more cost effective. Suzette.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 3:30 am
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
Hi Karen, I did just that when I moved from Melbourne to Perth, I rand a pet transport mob and the lady on the phone told me if someone was flying hire a cage and put the dog on as excess. We did the cage for the standard poodle was $35 excess baggage $10. She quoted $750 door to door. I said I could buy the dog a first class seat for that and she would have got a feed too... The dog was fine, I picked her up from the cargo section and it saved me a fortune. That was 14 years ago.. May be a bit more now. They look after them and it is way more cost effective. Suzette.
Jeez, big differenc eh! I just had visions of them getting thrown in with the luggage

K
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sye
Jeez, big differenc eh! I just had visions of them getting thrown in with the luggage

K
We are moving our pets from Perth to Melbourne with Australian Air Express. It is going to cost $50, we drop them off at the AAE office near the domestic terminal 90 minutes before our flight and then pick them up at the other end after we have collected the rest of our bags.