Reload this Page >

Moving to the Gold Coast- Help!

Moving to the Gold Coast- Help!

Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Sandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to the Gold Coast- Help!

Hi

I have just found out my husband has been offered a job in Southport and we are moving in 3/4 mths time.

We are both really excited about moving but have no idea where to rent orwhere not to. I would love any advice that you can give me as we don't no anyone who lives at the GC.

Many thanks
Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moving to the Gold Coast- Help!

Hi,

I can't really help at the mo as where still stuck in UK. Just wanted to welcome you to BE and wish you the best of luck. If you need any help once we're there (should be 1st August) just yell.

Tasha x
Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much.
Will definitely be in touch good luck with your move.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:04 pm
skye

Originally Posted by Sandon
Hi

I have just found out my husband has been offered a job in Southport and we are moving in 3/4 mths time.

We are both really excited about moving but have no idea where to rent orwhere not to. I would love any advice that you can give me as we don't no anyone who lives at the GC.

Many thanks
We are off to Southport ..... we fly in two weeks time.... what do you need to know - we will keep in touch from the other side!!!

Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by skye
We are off to Southport ..... we fly in two weeks time.... what do you need to know - we will keep in touch from the other side!!!
That's brilliant.

Well we have not done a thing yet, other from sold our house. I need to start looking at shippers and where the best to live. Also i need to find a job!!

Where are you going to live ?

Old Jun 18th 2007, 5:19 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Many thanks
Hey!

We're heading that way (we think!) on 1st September......prolly know as much as you guys do about it at the moment, so will be watching thread with interest!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Hey!

We're heading that way (we think!) on 1st September......prolly know as much as you guys do about it at the moment, so will be watching thread with interest!

We're already here! Est works in Southport, and we're on Chevron, about 2 miles from its centre. Cos we're still new, not really able to offer mcuh advice, but if you get somewhere for 6 months closeby it's a great base from which to explore where you really want to settle down. Everywhere is accessible. It really depends what you want. Southport suburbs are fien, I've had Ashmore recommended to me by an Italian lady, Chevron is great if you want an apartment, and Nerang has some lovely suburbs towards the hinterland.
What kind of places are people looking for, you can get party central or complete isolation within 20 minutes or so from Southport! Everyone fancy a 'Southport meetup' when you arrive? Chris96 and partner arrive around the same time too.
PM me if you want but it'll probably be good to to post replies on this one
GOOD LUCK!
Sam
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by skye
Skye, we came from Shropshire to Southport too?! Small world innit?
See you soon,
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:31 am
Oz Passport Holder ;)

Julez82 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I'm heading off to the GC on 9th July with my 1 year old, not 100% sure where I'll be staying yet (still waiting on confirmation) but either Mermaid Waters, Labrador or Miami. I'm going with www.seqrents.com.au to arrange accommodation.

Southport is the business area of the GC, from what I can gather?

Good luck!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:44 am
skye

Originally Posted by sambo76
Skye, we came from Shropshire to Southport too?! Small world innit?
See you soon,
sure is! - two weeks today we will in the air on the third leg of our journey arrive on the 5th!!!

Old Jun 20th 2007, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Hi

Many thanks
Hi

We lived on Gold Coast last year and are coming back later this year. We lived in Robina, which was lovely. People didnt recomment Nerang to us - told us to avoid it. We were there for 9 months and Robina, Clear Island Waters, anywhere really - they are all lovely. Southport is very busy, so it depends what you want, we went to the shops there and some restaurants, it is very nice though and they have a fab park on the front, opposite the beach. Do you have kids??
Old Jun 20th 2007, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johull
Hi

We lived on Gold Coast last year and are coming back later this year. We lived in Robina, which was lovely. People didnt recomment Nerang to us - told us to avoid it. We were there for 9 months and Robina, Clear Island Waters, anywhere really - they are all lovely. Southport is very busy, so it depends what you want, we went to the shops there and some restaurants, it is very nice though and they have a fab park on the front, opposite the beach. Do you have kids??
Hi All

It's just myself and my husband coming over we don't have any kids.

I think in the interim we are going to rent an apartment so we are central to everything in southport and that way i'm hoping it will be easier for me to find a job.

It would be great for us all all to meet up some time.

Have not got clear definite date when coming but looks like end of September early October. Can anyone recommend any good shipping companies ?

ta
Old Jun 20th 2007, 12:54 pm
skye

Hi All

I think in the interim we are going to rent an apartment so we are central to everything in southport and that way i'm hoping it will be easier for me to find a job.

Have not got clear definite date when coming but looks like end of September early October. Can anyone recommend any good shipping companies ?

ta
We are using Doree Bonner from Shropshire to Nr Southport - £3259 for a 20ft container pack/unpack - they are in next thursday 29th.... have a good reputation too....

Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Hi All

ta
We used a company called Atlantis - they were ok but forgot to pack one of our boxes - just had bits and bobs in but also included my hubbys beer fridge!! Was mortified!

Think they are all more or less the same to be honest - we moved back to UK due to family problems and my homesickness - used a company called Anglo Pacific who were very good - better than Atlantis - email [email protected]

You will love living there - we are going back as once back in UK and everybody back to normal and in full health, and now I remember why we left, we will def go back to Gold Coast. When you get there I highly remommend you go to Ashmore Steak House for a meal, it is so lovely, seafood, steaks are amazing.

What do you do for a living and what does your husband do?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:58 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems there's quite a few of us all heading for Southport or it's surrounds around the same date. Would be a fantastic idea to maybe start another thread and all keep in touch with a view to getting together Sep/ Oct time when we're all there?

Anyway, for those that don't know us, we are Rob (33 going on 16) and Caroline (27 going on 47) [She's gonna kill me]!

No kids, nor immediate plans for any! Into all kinds of outdoor activities, especially watersports - kayaking, windsurfing etc...Mountain Biking, Walking, camping and drinking (not neccesarily in that order)!

So, who's gonna start a new thread?

I already did it - it's here in the meet up forum!

Last edited by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer; Jun 20th 2007 at 5:04 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.