Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Gold Coast

Moving to Gold Coast

Old May 16th 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Gold Coast

Originally Posted by nursesarah
Hi Mandy I've heard a lot about the wanted down under programmes and would love to see them, can you tell me where you downloaded them from please?

Sarah xx
Hi Sarah,

Do a search on here for 'wanted down under' and you should find the info you need to download it. I think you have to download UKnova (but check what the thread says) etc. Mind you it took about 36 hrs to download 7 episodes

Curly, don't worry, I'm have many roles but none include teaching RE
Old May 17th 2007, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Hi Sarah,

Do a search on here for 'wanted down under' and you should find the info you need to download it. I think you have to download UKnova (but check what the thread says) etc. Mind you it took about 36 hrs to download 7 episodes

Curly, don't worry, I'm have many roles but none include teaching RE
HI WE ARE ALSO LOOKING AROUND UPPER COOMERA/BEENLEIGH AREA AND ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT, OUR FLIGHTS ARE BOOKED AND WE HAVE ARRANGED HOLIDAY RENTAL IN RUNAWAY BAY FOR 2 WEEKS.
Old May 17th 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stillinscotland
HI WE ARE ALSO LOOKING AROUND UPPER COOMERA/BEENLEIGH AREA AND ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT, OUR FLIGHTS ARE BOOKED AND WE HAVE ARRANGED HOLIDAY RENTAL IN RUNAWAY BAY FOR 2 WEEKS.
Oh, when do you go?

You might be the first of us to get there so keep us updated on how you get on

Mandy
Old May 17th 2007, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

jo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the rough

Hi!
The school you are talking about is the one with the RE teacher I'm sure! School looked great and the head teacher looked really nice - I'd work for her.
Here's a website which does rental as well as for sale accomodation in that area www.yourmoverealty.com.au
Jo x
Old May 17th 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jo n craig
Hi!
The school you are talking about is the one with the RE teacher I'm sure! School looked great and the head teacher looked really nice - I'd work for her.
Here's a website which does rental as well as for sale accomodation in that area www.yourmoverealty.com.au
Jo x
we fly out 25th of june cant wait
Old May 17th 2007, 9:17 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Coincidently so are we Gill and we live in the west mids too
and we are going to that area as well hopefully in august. and dare i say from the west mids as well.
our kids will be 15 and 12 when we go
Old May 17th 2007, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Moving to Gold Coast

Why is it that it seems only people from West Midlands & Scotland have realised what a great place Gold Coast is? I am also from the Midlands, I guess this might have something to do with it ............
Attached Thumbnails Moving to Gold Coast-452px-new_street_birmingham_700.jpg   Moving to Gold Coast-birmingham-holidayinn.jpg   Moving to Gold Coast-surfers-paradise_pic.jpg   Moving to Gold Coast-surfersparadise2.jpg  
Old May 17th 2007, 11:16 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

There are a few posters on here with kids in UCSC and they like it, I was considering sending my kids there too, But a little time living in Coomera and speaking to a friend of a friend who teaches there, we decided against it.
Thing is if you are on a PR visa it is very affordable to go private here and there is a massive choice, two mins from UCSC there is StStephens, or the very highly regarded Coomera Anglican College, or the School we chose Assisi catholic college, all within minutes of each other, each has there strong points regarding Academia, media, arts, StStephens big into media, had students in New york last year on projects, CAC has one of the highest % of Uni placements, and Assisi is new and growing, and has a massive IT programme.
All the high schools here do a music based thing too, rock school etc, and Martial arts in some.
Cost is about $3-4 grand a year, a fraction of private schools in the UK.
Renting in Coomera has a couple of tiers, lower cost rentals can be found in Hawthorne Wood, Jacobs Ridge, and Upper Coomera, higher priced rentals are at Coomera Waters, Willow Vale.
Good luck with the move
Old May 17th 2007, 11:19 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by doub
Why is it that it seems only people from West Midlands & Scotland have realised what a great place Gold Coast is? I am also from the Midlands, I guess this might have something to do with it ............
Dont think so, just walk around Target or Woolies, every other voice is a brit Londoners, Scousers, Mancs, Geordies
Old May 18th 2007, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulf
There are a few posters on here with kids in UCSC and they like it, I was considering sending my kids there too, But a little time living in Coomera and speaking to a friend of a friend who teaches there, we decided against it.
Thing is if you are on a PR visa it is very affordable to go private here and there is a massive choice, two mins from UCSC there is StStephens, or the very highly regarded Coomera Anglican College, or the School we chose Assisi catholic college, all within minutes of each other, each has there strong points regarding Academia, media, arts, StStephens big into media, had students in New york last year on projects, CAC has one of the highest % of Uni placements, and Assisi is new and growing, and has a massive IT programme.
All the high schools here do a music based thing too, rock school etc, and Martial arts in some.
Cost is about $3-4 grand a year, a fraction of private schools in the UK.
Renting in Coomera has a couple of tiers, lower cost rentals can be found in Hawthorne Wood, Jacobs Ridge, and Upper Coomera, higher priced rentals are at Coomera Waters, Willow Vale.
Good luck with the move
My child is in yr 11 at Coomera Anglican College and I can't praise it enough it is a fantastic school. If you can afford it then consider a walk around it.
Old May 18th 2007, 8:11 am
Just Joined

gillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant futuregillnbri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tinaj
My child is in yr 11 at Coomera Anglican College and I can't praise it enough it is a fantastic school. If you can afford it then consider a walk around it.
Could you tell me how the fees for the school, am very interested after your comments. What year is your child in, i'm a little concerned about going back a year, is the curriculum about the same as uk?
Old May 18th 2007, 8:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm from Herts, but then I am at the bottom of the coast
Old May 18th 2007, 11:18 pm
Banned

tfoster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by curly
Coincidently so are we Gill and we live in the west mids too
Hi,

My name is Teresa Foster, my family and I have lived on the gold coast for ten years, we are originaly from yorkshire.<<snip>> <<Admin Edit - Please do not post advertising messages in the forum. We offer many other options on BE including a link in your signauture, the connections forum and our links page.>>
Regards

Teresa Foster

Last edited by Sue; May 21st 2007 at 2:17 pm. Reason: Advertisement removed.
Old May 19th 2007, 1:37 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paulf
There are a few posters on here with kids in UCSC and they like it
Yeah I was one them, but no more. I STRONGLY recommend anyone to put their kids into private education. As Paul says it's a fraction of the UK cost.

My daughter was grade A student in UK. Top of classes at a very good grammar school. Level 6 in her age 11 SATS for maths, expected to do very well and University was her goal once upon a time.

Arrived here and things went ok for a while. She liked the 'hardly any' homework, and found what she was learning was 'soooo yesterday' compared to the UK ....

and then things slipped!

Now she's changing subjects to lower grades, and basically only staying on at school because she HAS to (temp residents and part of visa criteria). We hope to have an application for PR applied in 3 months and then she'll probably leave, go do a TAFE course or whatever else, it's what loads of kids are doing as the school's just crap!

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's many kids doing well there, but my 2 aren't in that bracket I'm afraid ...

We had an issue with our son a few months back and had an interview with a teacher there. His argument was that at the UCSC kids are almost left to it. If they want to do well, they WILL do well. If they want to mess about, then that's THEIR choice. Bloody cop out!!!! ... My son in the UK DID need a good strict school really to keep him on track, and he had it and did well. My daughter didn't and was as I say very dedicated, but since arriving in Oz has basically given up on school ...

One other thing this teacher said to us is that he would NEVER put his kids in there. I was shocked to hear him say it, but he went on to be the 2nd teacher from that school recommend we put our kids into private.

If only we had the money! ...

Still, OVERALL the kids and us love it here so on the greater picture we are all very happy, but as far as education goes, well, it's all gone tits up really! ...
Old May 19th 2007, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I'm from Herts, but then I am at the bottom of the coast
Me too (from Herts) but am at the top! ...

See you soon Penny ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.