Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving To Geraldton Perth

Moving To Geraldton Perth

Old Feb 27th 2012, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Jacquih1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving To Geraldton Perth

Hi can anyone give me any info on Geraldton?

What is the best location to live there or in Perth and also does anyone know what the average wage is for a registrered nurse?

What % do we deduct from pay as tax an supperanuation?

What does medicl care cost?

What are the best public and private schools?

Best wishes

Jacqui
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving To Geraldton Perth

If your visa or job require you to work in Geraldton, that is the best place to live as Perth is a 3 or 4 hour drive away depending on how fast you drive and how quickly you want to lose your licence.
Don't know about the average wage for a nurse.
The ATO website will show what % tax you will pay on earnings, your employer is liable for a 9% superannuation payment, you can also contribute to this.
Medicare is an often discussed subject here...so do a search and decide if public or private is best for you.
Schools vary from town to town and city to city. Some public are better, some private are better. No one can advise you without knowing exactly where you will stay.

I used to live in Perth but spent a lot of work time in Dongara, which is a 45 minute drive south of Gero. If I went back to Oz I'd rather live in Dongara / Gero than Perth.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:06 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacquih1
Hi can anyone give me any info on Geraldton?

What is the best location to live there or in Perth and also does anyone know what the average wage is for a registrered nurse?

What % do we deduct from pay as tax an supperanuation?

What does medicl care cost?

What are the best public and private schools?

Best wishes

Jacqui
You really need to do a little research. Geraldton is nowhere near Perth. Yes, they're in the same state, but it's a 5 hour drive between them. http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&tab=ll

If you do a search of this forum you'll find hundreds of threads with information about super, tax, schooling, suburbs, etc.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

thanks Loch Lomond for your help..yes Gero is looking favourite at the moment and if work up that way will live that way...still fact finding at the mo and pulling all the info in for there and Perth..if you want to share any more detail..happy for you to inbox me

best wishes

Jacqui
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

lol very funny Dorothy thanks for the reply...aware of that...but I was not only indicating Geraldton but thew the one in Perth WA as apposed to anywhere else in the world..I am in the uk..either way I am looking at both places so happy for info on either..

best wishes

Jacqui
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:20 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacquih1
lol very funny Dorothy thanks for the reply...aware of that...but I was not only indicating Geraldton but thew the one in Perth WA as apposed to anywhere else in the world..I am in the uk..either way I am looking at both places so happy for info on either..

best wishes

Jacqui
Not trying to be funny. Your thread title was "Geraldton Perth" which indicated to me that you thought Geraldton was a suburb of Perth. A little like me asking where to live in Norwich London.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Not trying to be funny. Your thread title was "Geraldton Perth" which indicated to me that you thought Geraldton was a suburb of Perth. A little like me asking where to live in Norwich London.
Only its a lot quicker to get from Norwich to London than from Geraldton to perf..

OI! You knocking Norwich or summit... Lived there for 3 years... Best years of my life! 365 pubs and 52 churches... Two cathedrals AND a castle.... What more could a Girl ask for?

And a pint of Crippled Dick at the Ten Bells.... Now THATS something you wont get in WA
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:41 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by eddie007
Only its a lot quicker to get from Norwich to London than from Geraldton to perf..

OI! You knocking Norwich or summit... Lived there for 3 years... Best years of my life! 365 pubs and 52 churches... Two cathedrals AND a castle.... What more could a Girl ask for?

And a pint of Crippled Dick at the Ten Bells.... Now THATS something you wont get in WA
I have only ever been in UK for 3 days, so had no idea where Norwich was. I just google mapped "England" and came up with a city that looked to be somewhere other than London. Once I qualify though I may look at working a few years in UK (ancetry visa from my mom). I'd like to live somewhere quiet where they won't make fun of my accent.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Phnaar Phnaar...you durty trollop
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I have only ever been in UK for 3 days, so had no idea where Norwich was. I just google mapped "England" and came up with a city that looked to be somewhere other than London. Once I qualify though I may look at working a few years in UK (ancetry visa from my mom). I'd like to live somewhere quiet where they won't make fun of my accent.
If there was ONE place I would want to live in the UK if I was deported by Her Mjaesties Govt it would be Norwich....

Love the place to pieces....

Ok, the football team is shite... But the second hand book stores, culture, history and life in general make up for that... Seriously Dotty... Its a lovely place to live... So much going on, but without a lot of the issues of other cities... The old guys playing giant chess in Chaplefield gardens, the museums, the castle, two cathedrals, the school of art, a uni and a TAFE... The buildings, the cobbled streets of Elm Hill/Lane... The market... And coffee shops...

There's even a prison so you can visit your nearest and dearest at weekends.

Its a Bootiful place to live... Love it

Approach Norwich and the are signs that say "Welcome to Norwich. A fine city" and they're right....
Old Feb 28th 2012, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all

Haha , they certainly won't take the mickey out of your accent - you won't be able to understand theirs , that's if you can get the carrot out their mouths .
Just head south to the next county , blue army !!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Davesax
Haha , they certainly won't take the mickey out of your accent - you won't be able to understand theirs , that's if you can get the carrot out their mouths .
Just head south to the next county , blue army !!
How far south? and WHICH blue army... There are two you know.... Growing up in Dipswich in the 70s being a Col U supporter wasnt much fun

And by the way... i think people from norfolk either have turnips in their gobs... Or dumplings....
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:55 am
Still alive

If there was ONE place I would want to live in the UK if I was deported by Her Mjaesties Govt it would be Norwich....

Love the place to pieces....

Ok, the football team is shite... But the second hand book stores, culture, history and life in general make up for that... Seriously Dotty... Its a lovely place to live... So much going on, but without a lot of the issues of other cities... The old guys playing giant chess in Chaplefield gardens, the museums, the castle, two cathedrals, the school of art, a uni and a TAFE... The buildings, the cobbled streets of Elm Hill/Lane... The market... And coffee shops...

There's even a prison so you can visit your nearest and dearest at weekends.

Its a Bootiful place to live... Love it

Approach Norwich and the are signs that say "Welcome to Norwich. A fine city" and they're right....
Norwich it is then. Close enough to London if I want to go to the city but out of the city. Only 2 1/2 years until I qualify then 1 year in the US at a grad program then I'll look into going over to the UK for a couple of years.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all

How far south? and WHICH blue army... There are two you know.... Growing up in Dipswich in the 70s being a Col U supporter wasnt much fun

And by the way... i think people from norfolk either have turnips in their gobs... Or dumplings....
There's only one blue army eddie ! What school u go to ? I was at northgate , born in 72 . Up the town !
Old Feb 28th 2012, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Davesax
There's only one blue army eddie ! What school u go to ? I was at northgate , born in 72 . Up the town !
Lol... Babe in arms... i'm 4 years older... i was asked to leave Chantry ... You'll get the significance of that one wont you!!

Cant remember which primarys were northgate feeders... Used to be the Grammer, but they did away with the eleven plus the year before I was due to sit it... Hence I ended up wherE I did...lol

Small world eh? Probably have old haunts in common too... White horse? Golden Lion? Cindies? Mannings? Which was you local?
Eds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.