Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving furniture

Moving furniture

Old Jan 10th 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

WILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud of
Default Moving furniture

Has anyone had any recent quotes for shipping their furniture to Brisbane? Also has anyone arranged transportation themselves rather than using a company? I am unsure whether or not to take everything or purchase new over there?

Also has anyone hired furniture temporary in Oz until their furniture has arrived?
Old Jan 10th 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moving furniture

Hiya

I've just had several quotes but they are all for shipping from scotland to perth, but they range from £3100 to £4100 if its any help at all. There are tons of shipping threads on here if you do a search for them and they are all full of great info about companies and self-shipping.

I for one feel that there is no way on earth that I could set up a complete housein Oz for £3500 but thats just my feelings on the matter hence the reason we are taking all our staff, suppose it depends how old your stuff is.

One thing I would say though is that its all really a bit stressful as they all tell you something differant and you dont know whether you are coming our going!!!

Good luck though.

Nikki
Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:32 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WILKINSONS
Has anyone had any recent quotes for shipping their furniture to Brisbane? Also has anyone arranged transportation themselves rather than using a company? I am unsure whether or not to take everything or purchase new over there?

Also has anyone hired furniture temporary in Oz until their furniture has arrived?

Yeh we've had a few quotes Birmingham to Brisbane, ranging from £2000 to £3700. Were not taking a great lot though............C x
Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:44 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WILKINSONS
PHD Rentals do this... You can mix and match their packages and they do deals as well... We paid $545 pm for 2 months to have... 2 x sofas, TV, DVD player, queen size bed & mattress & linen & bath towels, 2 bedside cabinets, tea towels, toaster, kettle, microwave, full set of crockery, full set of cutlery, 2 sets of glasses, full set of cooking pots & pans, mop & brush, etc... They'll try to get you to do a minimum of 6 months, but you can get it on a monthly basis... Oh, and no charge for delivery and collection...

HTH