Reload this Page >

Moving to Endeavour Hills

Moving to Endeavour Hills

Old Jan 13th 2014, 5:13 am
Just Joined

rickmarsh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Endeavour Hills

Hi All,

My family is moving to Endeavour Hills from the UK and will be looking at setting up utilities. appreciate if we can get recommendations on suppliers for the following;

1. Home Phone, Broadband & Cable TV (Bundles)
2. Mobile Phones (Contract/Pay As You Go)
3. Secondary Schools
4. Gas/Electricity
5. Water
6. Transport Services (Railcards/Buses)
7. Singing School for Kids

Thanks very much and sorry if the list is long :-)

Cheers
Rick
Old Jan 13th 2014, 10:46 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Endeavour Hills

Originally Posted by rickmarsh
Hi All,

My family is moving to Endeavour Hills from the UK and will be looking at setting up utilities. appreciate if we can get recommendations on suppliers for the following;

3. Secondary Schools
4. Gas/Electricity
5. Water

Cheers
Rick
Hi Rick, welcome to BE I had to look up where Endeavour Hills is, so for anyone else in the same boat it's in Victoria, about 30km out of Melbourne.

I'm on the West coast of Oz so can't help, but I'm sure someone will be along soon with some suggestions.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 5:28 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Moving to Endeavour Hills

Hi All,

Hi Rick, is there a particular reason you are moving to Endeavour Hills? Do you have family or friends living there or something? It's not one of the areas that gets asked about much on here and I don't believe there is a large British population there so you may get limited response about that area in particular.

BB
Old Jan 13th 2014, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hi Rick, is there a particular reason you are moving to Endeavour Hills? Do you have family or friends living there or something? It's not one of the areas that gets asked about much on here and I don't believe there is a large British population there so you may get limited response about that area in particular.

BB
I reckon utils are utils : shop around; or general advise will fit.
Endeavor Hills is a reasonable suburb sandwiched between the industrial east of Dandenong and a sort of suburban firebreak bordering the established Se burbs on one side and the new outer suburban sprawl on the other...with access to green and open land...

Reg Symonds, singer and Radio presenter grew up there.

You'd find schools around...probably private teachers operating out of homes..

and not so far, 20mins say from an established mob closer to city.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Jan 13th 2014 at 11:35 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I have worked with people who lived in Endeavour Hills and its a varied suburb with migrants from many corners of the globe. Lots of Italians and Brits and now people from the sub continent, melting pot because a lot of the residents work in the industrial areas and offices of Dandenong.

They did make the local KFC Halal which gave the young lass who worked with me some angst and her family. Must have been a lot more because last I heard it was back to normal again.

It bounds Narre Warren North so not far from Fountain Gate.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Petals
It bounds Narre Warren North so not far from Fountain Gate.
Is that not Berwick South? Almost on the doorstep of upper beconsfield?
Old Feb 7th 2014, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Endevour hills is a very good area some massive property's, its like any other suburb good & bad but more good. the local state school is OK but not a very academic school however the kids are fine.Transport is limited but there is a bus service to the train station in Dandenong. Most people do have a car regarding the other utilities gas water electricity you can easily sort that when your here you shop around via phone enquirers for the best deal possible.

when you visit schools ask if the have a music program some do some don't, most private school do offer music & singing as part of the curriculum.

you can phone all the school in the area they shall accommodate you for a visit to the schools during school times. when you go on the school visit look how the kids interact with each other that's a good sign.

Arthur

Hi All,

3. Secondary Schools
4. Gas/Electricity
5. Water

Cheers
Rick
Old Feb 24th 2014, 11:48 am
Just Joined

shanaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

My family is moving to Berwick from London end of this month. I found "St Margaret’s and Berwick Grammar School" schools are very good and house price also not bad. Anyone live in Berwick area or let me know your feedback about the area ?

Many thanks
St
Old Feb 27th 2014, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
Is that not Berwick South? Almost on the doorstep of upper beconsfield?
Fountain Gate is Narre Warren.
Both Berwick, Narre Warren N, and Narre Warren are closer to Endeavour Hills than Berwick South....(I'm not sure Berwick South exists..) Both Berwick and Beaconsfield are closer to Upper Beaconsfield than Berwick South.

As to Berwick, It's now easy to divide it; old established Berwick to the North/clustered on Princes Highway and an expansion to the south...which is, I guess, Berwick South.
The area around Berwick Springs is actually Narre Warren South...

Berwick is fine: but it needs to be put in the context of a rapidly growing SE.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Hi All,

3. Secondary Schools
4. Gas/Electricity
5. Water

Cheers
Rick
Mobile phones I'd say Telstra. There will be cheaper options, however, the ace that Telstra have is coverage.

Transport services. In the same way that London as 'Oyster', Melbourne has 'Myki' Same thing. You'll end up using that. You'll probably end up getting a Citylink electronic tag to put in your car for the tolls paid on certain sections freeways.

Boradband bundles. Shop around. Good place to start is dodo.com.au which shows most of the deals out there. Many choose iiNet as a provider. The further our from Melbourne CBD you are the more you'll hit the problem of many companies not having broadband networks going out into your area. In which case you'll end up having a much more limited choice. Telstra certainly, maybe Optus. BTW many people are ditching the home phone and simply using 'naked DSL' for internet etc..

Gas/electricity. Shop around. One common provider is AGL.

Water. Again, shop around. Common providers includee South East Water (sewl.com.au) and City West amongst others. [/I]