British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Moving a dog NZ-Oz (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/moving-dog-nz-oz-465762/)

bourbon-biscuit Jul 13th 2007 12:30 am

Moving a dog NZ-Oz

Anyone have any idea of costs and regulations or links to where I can find the relevent info.

cheers in advance :)

Ian & Sharon Jan 5th 2008 12:15 am

Re: Moving a dog NZ-Oz

It cost us $1300 for two dogs, one Black lab and one Staff, seperate crates with all the paperwork done and dusted.
They went from ChCh to Brisbane and I picked them up from the airport an hour after the plane landed.

bourbon-biscuit Jan 5th 2008 9:27 am

That's quite reasonable :)

Probably can get the second dog then ....

homewardbound Jan 5th 2008 7:44 pm

ian and sharron who was that with cause i am being quoted £1600 plus quarantine for a bloody toy poodle!

Ian & Sharon Jan 5th 2008 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by homewardbound (Post 5744133)
ian and sharron who was that with cause i am being quoted £1600 plus quarantine for a bloody toy poodle!

Where about are you?

There are two companies I would reccomend, in Auckland I would go with "Petman" Warrick (I think his name is) is a good bloke.

In ChCh there was a company near the airport but I can't remember there name, if you are near ChCh I'll give you directions from the Shell garage on the way in, let me know where you are.

Ian

homewardbound Jan 5th 2008 8:55 pm

sorry didnt realise u were from nz we are uk

Timber Floor Au Jan 5th 2008 9:09 pm

1600 quid is very reasonable !

Ian & Sharon Jan 5th 2008 9:53 pm

Quarantine? Are you moving from NZ to Aus or UK to Aus? :confused:

Just that there is no Quarantine from the UK to NZ and None from NZ to Aus.

Ian

Ian & Sharon Jan 5th 2008 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5744357)
1600 quid is very reasonable !

We paid 2,400 for a Lab from the UK to NZ. Golden Arrow moved him and they were/are first class :thumbsup:

Watt Dabney Jan 5th 2008 10:13 pm

It cost me $1300 for 1 medium sized dog Chch - Brisbane.
Excellent company called Petmove a guy named Shaune. He was very easy to deal with she got a tailor made crate. He did everything regards paperwork I just had to supply her vet records for proof of NZ residence. He walks them before they go and gets them vet checked & cert for travel. He also gives them a flea treatment and worms them which provides light protection against ticks and heartworm so you have a time before you have to arrange a visit to the vet when you get here

Paula