Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving a clock from Australia to USA

Moving a clock from Australia to USA

Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:10 pm
Make every day count!

Nigel has a spectacular aura aboutNigel has a spectacular aura aboutNigel has a spectacular aura about
Question Moving a clock from Australia to USA

I'm looking to move my father's Granfather clock from his home on the Gold Coast in Australia to my home in MA, USA. It's a very big clock (eight feet) and very heavy.

I've been trying to find shippers of antiques who could handle this without much success. Do you have any suggestions on any firm that may be able to handle it? It needs to have a special crate built for shipping to protect it in transit.

Thanks,
Nigel
Duxbury MA
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving a clock from Australia to USA

Originally Posted by Nigel
I'm looking to move my father's Granfather clock from his home on the Gold Coast in Australia to my home in MA, USA. It's a very big clock (eight feet) and very heavy.

Thanks,
Nigel
Duxbury MA

Trouble is, it will be showing Aus. time.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:20 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving a clock from Australia to USA

Originally Posted by Nigel

I've been trying to find shippers of antiques who could handle this without much success. Do you have any suggestions on any firm that may be able to handle it? It needs to have a special crate built for shipping to protect it in transit.

Thanks,
Nigel
Duxbury MA
Hi nigel contact www.grace.com.au their fine art dept, deal with this all the time. ......... mm

Last edited by mr mover; Jun 16th 2005 at 7:23 pm.