Reload this Page >

moving to brisbane in april

moving to brisbane in april

Old Jan 26th 2012, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

palfreyman1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to brisbane in april

hi all

Hoping to brisbane in april .I need some advice on what suburb to live in im hoping to get a job in wacol in a assemble plant that is getting built at the moment as everyone dont want a long drive to and from work any advise would be welcome cheers george
Old Jan 26th 2012, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: moving to brisbane in april

Try a quick search, there dozens of threads about Brisbane suburbs around!
Old Jan 26th 2012, 10:05 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Wacol is pretty much an industrial area (except for the Prison). I doubt you'd want to live there.

What kind of area were you hoping for?

Would you be happy in a quiet suburb with few amenities or do you want somewhere with cafes, restaurants, sports clubs etc.?

If you search for Wacol on this forum there was a post not long ago about the suburb
Old Jan 26th 2012, 10:53 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by palfreyman1234
hi all

Hoping to brisbane in april .I need some advice on what suburb to live in im hoping to get a job in wacol in a assemble plant that is getting built at the moment as everyone dont want a long drive to and from work any advise would be welcome cheers george
kenmore, chapel hill, indooropilly
Old Jan 26th 2012, 10:57 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by palfreyman1234
hi all

I have friends out Graceville and Sherwood way, it seems like a very nice hassle-free area but it's relatively expensive.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 10:57 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of new housing estates around Wacol - Springfield Lakes, Forest Lakes, Redbank Plains, etc. Avoid Goodna as it is too close to the river and suffered in last year's floods (see this site for flood photos).

Wacol is as close to Ipswich as it is to Brisbane, so check out housing in both council areas.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

PunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud ofPunkDebutante has much to be proud of

Springfield Lakes would be very commutable and seems quite nice. Also places like Ipswich, Sinnamon Park, Jamoboree Heights, Mt Ommaney and Jindalee are quite nice.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 8:38 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I have friends out Graceville and Sherwood way, it seems like a very nice hassle-free area but it's relatively expensive.
That's where I live and yes I think it's a very nice area
(and it wouldn't be difficult to get to Wacol from around here - 14 mins drive according to Google).
Old Jan 27th 2012, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

You could even try Moggill / Bellbowrie / Anstead (all nice family areas if that's what you're after) and use the Moggill Ferry which crosses the river between Riverview and Moggill. Easy connection onto Ipswich Motorway straight into Wacol.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

A big thanks to all that replyed i will be looking into the places and the prison that you all told me about cheers george
Old Jan 28th 2012, 5:51 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

The Moggil ferry can't be relied on, and if it isn't running the journey would be horrendous!
Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by asprilla
kenmore, chapel hill, indooropilly
All quite expensive..

I work in wacol and live in Karalee. Lots of choice really. From West of the city to the East of Ipswich. Try and avoid a lot of the Ipswich suburbs, Goodna, Redbank etc, not good. Some dodgy Brisbane suburbs around too, Inala, Darra, Richlands, Oxley. If you can afford to live the other side of the Ipswich motorway then there are some nice areas there. Corinda, Sherwood, Indro, Graceville etc. More realistically Jindalee, Sinnamon Park, Middle park, Moggil, Forest lake. Just a few to try.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
That's where I live and yes I think it's a very nice area
(and it wouldn't be difficult to get to Wacol from around here - 14 mins drive according to Google).
hi whats the rental like where you live is it reasonable ? we are looking to rent for a while and then possible buy i think with the package from work they put me and my family up in rented house for three weeks then we have to find our own place we be looking for four bedroom house
Old Jan 29th 2012, 8:45 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Sherwood too (like Scubaemma) have a look at www.realestate.com.au and www.domain.com.au

I live in a 2-bed unit so not sure about house rental prices.

Really nice area as said previously with good primary schools, shops, transport etc.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Cheers for the info will check them out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.