Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Brisbane

Moving to Brisbane

Old Aug 20th 2010, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

naumenko74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Brisbane

Hi everyone me and my wife are moving to OZ very soon (I hope so) and it's going to be Brisbane ! Which neighborhoods would you recommend to rent a house in(not too far away from Brisbane pls) ? budget around $300-350 p/week.
Thanks in advance!! I really appreciate if you share your experience
Old Aug 21st 2010, 12:30 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Moving to Brisbane

How far away from the CBD do you call not far away ?

Old Aug 21st 2010, 1:20 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

You might get a shack for that seriously rents are high for decent places. You would get something in our suburb for nearer to $400 a month we are 10km's from the CBD on the train line at Ferny Hills (the train is walking distance at Ferny Grove) I love where we live its green, hilly and a real family suburb. We are close enough to the CBD (30 mins by train) but far enough away from the hustle and bustle. It depends what you are looking for and how close but any closer you are more likely looking at $500 a week rent. No kidding check out prices on www.realestate.com.au and also try www.ourbrisbane.com.au for info on Brisbane and also its burbs

Jo
Old Aug 21st 2010, 1:57 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by naumenko74
Hi everyone me and my wife are moving to OZ very soon (I hope so) and it's going to be Brisbane ! Which neighborhoods would you recommend to rent a house in(not too far away from Brisbane pls) ? budget around $300-350 p/week.
Thanks in advance!! I really appreciate if you share your experience
If you are only looking at spending $300-$350 a week then i surgest you have a car aswell, because you wont get near a transport hub into the city you will have to go out of CBD to get rents like that,i live on north side and the lowest rent around here is $300 for a two bed shared duplex, as stated you need to go onto www.realestate.com.au and get a real understanding of the rents of today
all the best
Old Aug 21st 2010, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
How far away from the CBD do you call not far away ?
First of all thanks for reply evryone!!!!!! It's very helpful what you saying and very scary =)))))))))))
Not far awway for me is about 40-50 min driving. Is it possible to find something for this price in that not far away?
Old Aug 21st 2010, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

We have a small 3 x 2 town house in Wakerley and the rent is $385/wk. We are 1 minute from a bus stop which takes you to the City (about 20 minutes) and the coast (about 10). Shops are a 5 minute slow walk away. Good, quiet little area and I think quite accessible. However, I think we will be moving after X-Mas because the house is a little too small for us (3 kids / 2 adults)and we would like a good size back yard. BoL
Old Aug 21st 2010, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by joh117
You might get a shack for that seriously rents are high for decent places. You would get something in our suburb for nearer to $400 a month we are 10km's from the CBD on the train line at Ferny Hills (the train is walking distance at Ferny Grove) I love where we live its green, hilly and a real family suburb. We are close enough to the CBD (30 mins by train) but far enough away from the hustle and bustle. It depends what you are looking for and how close but any closer you are more likely looking at $500 a week rent. No kidding check out prices on www.realestate.com.au and also try www.ourbrisbane.com.au for info on Brisbane and also its burbs

Jo
Thanks !! I've already been looking at houses for a while and have basic understanding of prices. I don't really need something closer than 10-15 kms from CBD... bc not really going to use it ...... And of course we gonna get a car. And we don't need a big house(it's only 2 of us) 2 beds are more than enough !
And I want hear your opinion about which suburbs are safer and better!
Thanks !!!!
Old Aug 21st 2010, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by naumenko74
First of all thanks for reply evryone!!!!!! It's very helpful what you saying and very scary =)))))))))))
Not far awway for me is about 40-50 min driving. Is it possible to find something for this price in that not far away?
We are too moving to Brisbane and for starters will try Cleveland, which is SE of CBD and near the sea.

Train is around 50mins to city but I'll be commuting with the bike.

As for rent, there are a couple of houses with the price braket you mentioned, but nothing spectacular. There are other nice suburbs down there like Thornlands, Victoria Point etc but there is no train line there.

Good luck mate

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Aug 21st 2010, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
We have a small 3 x 2 town house in Wakerley and the rent is $385/wk. We are 1 minute from a bus stop which takes you to the City (about 20 minutes) and the coast (about 10). Shops are a 5 minute slow walk away. Good, quiet little area and I think quite accessible. However, I think we will be moving after X-Mas because the house is a little too small for us (3 kids / 2 adults)and we would like a good size back yard. BoL
well, thats kind of house we're goonna need =)) not too big and in nice area. I found out that it's kinda difficult to find a smaller houses out there.....
Old Aug 21st 2010, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by B1K3R
We are too moving to Brisbane and for starters will try Cleveland, which is SE of CBD and near the sea.

As for rent, there are a couple of houses with the price braket you mentioned, but nothing spectacular. There are other nice suburbs down there like Thornlands, Victoria Point etc but there is no train line there.

Good luck mate

Cheers
B!K3R
thanks B1K3R !!! well we could pay more than I stated in my first post for decent house !! but we need to decide which suburb to choose first !!!
Old Aug 21st 2010, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Guys !! What about Redcliffe? Want to see your comments !! =)) Hows the life out there? It seems a bit far away, but looks good !! and close to a beach.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B1K3R

Good luck mate

Cheers
B!K3R
Bikings is a pretty good option, there are quite a few free parking places for bikes in the city
Old Aug 21st 2010, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Chapel Hill is nice and you will find a house for that if you look and move quickly. Also sometimes you can ask them to reduce slightly. Its a nice area, not rough at all

http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/be...ce=refinements
Old Aug 21st 2010, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by odyssey
Chapel Hill is nice and you will find a house for that if you look and move quickly. Also sometimes you can ask them to reduce slightly. Its a nice area, not rough at all

http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/be...ce=refinements
Thanks !! It looks good for us too !! Will consider all the options =))))))))
Old Aug 21st 2010, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

We are in Ipswich. We bought out here as the prices are more reasonable than Brisbane. The rent is much cheaper too. Redbank is one of the closer suburbs in Ippy to Brisbane, and has a good shopping centre, and train station, and school. I would think Redcliffe is pretty expensive now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.