Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Brisbane

Moving to Brisbane

Old Feb 9th 2010, 12:19 am
Just Joined

juani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Brisbane

Hi - we (that's me, husband and baby son) are moving from Adelaide to Brisbane in April. We are thinking that suburbs such as Fairfield, Yeronga and Annerley might be the best places for us to be located since I will be working in the South of the city but they are still reasonably close to the city. Does anyone know what these suburbs are like and what we would expect to pay for a 3-bed rental.

Also, I've heard that the rental market in Brisbane is pretty tight - is it the case that people generally have to put in offers above the asking price?
Thanks to anyone who can help me out with some advice...
Juani
Old Feb 9th 2010, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Bob Tonnor will become famous soon enoughBob Tonnor will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moving to Brisbane

Originally Posted by juani
Hi - we (that's me, husband and baby son) are moving from Adelaide to Brisbane in April. We are thinking that suburbs such as Fairfield, Yeronga and Annerley might be the best places for us to be located since I will be working in the South of the city but they are still reasonably close to the city. Does anyone know what these suburbs are like and what we would expect to pay for a 3-bed rental.

Also, I've heard that the rental market in Brisbane is pretty tight - is it the case that people generally have to put in offers above the asking price?
Juani
Hi juani

Just did a quick search for you and found literally hundreds of rental properties in and around these areas. Check out http://www.locationlowdown.com.au/se...ts/QLD/Yeronga for rentals and sales, obviously it does depend on your budget for what you are going to be paying but i found a nice looking place for $425 http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1265679187. As for putting in an offer for a rental that's completely up to you, i wouldn't advise it but if you are that desperate for a property it is a matter of whatever works for you.

Good luck

Bob
Old Feb 9th 2010, 1:07 am
Account Closed

No 15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by juani
Juani

I've NEVER paid the asking price on a rental (always less).
Old Feb 9th 2010, 1:09 am
Just Joined

juani is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys - hopefully we wont have any problems finding a place.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

eldoran is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We live in Yeronga - moved here in Sept last year. It's really handy for travel into the city. If you have any specific questions about the area, then ask away... altho' we're only just about finding our way from A to B without getting lost, so don't expect too much
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'd be looking to pay anything from about $350 up in that sort of area. I don't think the rental market is too bad up here, but be organised - have all your paperwork ready before you view a place so that you can submit it there and then if you are interested in renting it.

Good luck with the move

Love

Rudi
x