Reload this Page >

Moving to Brisbane

Moving to Brisbane

Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Kirstin-R is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Brisbane

Hello All

Have just joined this site after months of reading all the info from people. Myself, my husband, eight year old son and dog are looking to move to Brisbane. I have got telephone interviews in the adult ICU at Mater and neonatology at Mater Hospital next week, and i'm really nervous but have been reading up. I'm a staff nurse in ICU at present time and have just completed my midwifery degree also. It would be nice to hear from anyone who is going through this as well and those lucky people who have already made the move. Any advice gratefully received.

Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving to Brisbane

Hi both Neil and I are mental health nurses working at the Royal Brisbane & Womens Hospital. I don't think you will have any problems getting work, there seems to be a real shortage of staff here. Good luck with your interviews.

Donna
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply I have an interview at the Royal Brisbane womens hospital the week after next for a midwifery post. I have got everything crossed at the moment. How long have you been in Brisbane? Are you glad you made the move? Which area do you live? Sorry have some many questions, but it is just nice to talk to someone who has already made the move. Thanks again

Kirstin, Mike and Harry
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of

Hi there,
Im moving to brisbane as well, good luck with the move welcome to Expats
Lee
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Lee, for the welcome and good luck to you too!!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

Hi, Kirstin. Me, my husband and our eight yr old son also plan to move to Brisbane, AND I'm a nurse, acute medicine, though. When are you planning to go and what areas have you been looking at?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirstin-R
Thank you for your reply I have an interview at the Royal Brisbane womens hospital the week after next for a midwifery post. I have got everything crossed at the moment. How long have you been in Brisbane? Are you glad you made the move? Which area do you live? Sorry have some many questions, but it is just nice to talk to someone who has already made the move. Thanks again

Kirstin, Mike and Harry
I know quite a few folk on the NICU @ the RBWH

They seem to have slotted in quite easily, blend & work well with the Aussies and generally enjoy their jobs.

The only thing they seem to moan about is the parking...

Good luck with the interview
Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:18 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kirstin-R
Hello All

Have just joined this site after months of reading all the info from people. Myself, my husband, eight year old son and dog are looking to move to Brisbane. I have got telephone interviews in the adult ICU at Mater and neonatology at Mater Hospital next week, and i'm really nervous but have been reading up. I'm a staff nurse in ICU at present time and have just completed my midwifery degree also. It would be nice to hear from anyone who is going through this as well and those lucky people who have already made the move. Any advice gratefully received.

Hi,

My friend Mrs JFW on here works at the Mater in Brisbane - if you give her a PM she will help you I am sure.

By the way, we moved to Thornlands (SE Qld) last year and love it! We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3 and have had no problems at all - we have all settled in well.

Go for it!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tictac
I know quite a few folk on the NICU @ the RBWH

They seem to have slotted in quite easily, blend & work well with the Aussies and generally enjoy their jobs.

The only thing they seem to moan about is the parking...

Good luck with the interview
Thank you for your good luck message, i need it xx
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by VikkiL
Hi,

My friend Mrs JFW on here works at the Mater in Brisbane - if you give her a PM she will help you I am sure.

By the way, we moved to Thornlands (SE Qld) last year and love it! We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3 and have had no problems at all - we have all settled in well.

Go for it!
Hi there how do I give her a PM, have your boys settled in school, I think thats my biggest fear. Thank you for your reply xx
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dandan1
Hi, Kirstin. Me, my husband and our eight yr old son also plan to move to Brisbane, AND I'm a nurse, acute medicine, though. When are you planning to go and what areas have you been looking at?
Hi there, not really sure on what area yet, don't know whether to be near the coast and have a further communte to work. Just trying to get sorted with a job, then hopefully take everything from there, what areas are you looking at, and what hospital. We hopefully looking to go about September time, maybe a month or so later, so Harry can start school in the new term.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:29 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

If you click on Members List on the top right hand side, then look in search - type in Mrs JFW and it will bring up her name. Click the option to send her a message (or PM - private message).

I will PM her aswell and tell her to look you up.

My eldest son who will be 7 next month is at school with children a year older than him, he starts Year 3 when he goes back to school next week. This hasnt been a problem at all for him and he has some great friends, I am very pleased to say that we havent had any problems at school at all - his report card at Xmas was all A's and B's so no worries there!

He had a little trouble with an Aussie boy on our street who decided that all poms were rubbish at everything and tried to pick on him. He soon stopped when I had a little word in his ear though! I dont think it was really a 'pom' thing, I think he just decided to have a go at the new kid on the street and we happen to be British.

Its all good for us here! x
Old Jan 27th 2008, 1:28 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Our good friend neighbour who lives across the road from us in Halpine lakes works for the mater and she loves it they even sponsered her on a 457 visa because the place is short of midwives, she does like it because she has come from coventry working in the hospitals and she feels full of knowledge because the uk trained people are more advanced in trainning than in australia, they have given her a company car and she works as on call aswell.i can see if she is on expats and get her to email her, or if you give me your email address i will pass it onto her, we also have a friend who lives in coomera who has just gone back into a midwife career.
you will love it here
thxs
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

Hi, Kirstin. My OH intends to start up a marketing agency in Brisbane as that is what he has been doing for the last 20 years so we want somewhere driveable but really the most important thing for us is Dan's school. We're going over for a reccie in Decmber to look at schools,( following months of research by myself cos, of course, I've got nothing better to do!!!! ), and hopefully by then set up some interviews/informal visits to hospitals. But you know best laid plans and all that....
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Trevski
Hi
Our good friend neighbour who lives across the road from us in Halpine lakes works for the mater and she loves it they even sponsered her on a 457 visa because the place is short of midwives, she does like it because she has come from coventry working in the hospitals and she feels full of knowledge because the uk trained people are more advanced in trainning than in australia, they have given her a company car and she works as on call aswell.i can see if she is on expats and get her to email her, or if you give me your email address i will pass it onto her, we also have a friend who lives in coomera who has just gone back into a midwife career.
you will love it here
thxs
Hi Trevski

i hope you dont mind me asking a few questions about your friend who has gone back to work as a midwife.

i am a student midwife at the moment and we are looking to move to the coomera area in 2009.

which hospital is you friend working at and do they like it. what sort of work are they doing. and what would travel time be from coomera to the hospital.

i have been looking for a grad program to start on in midwifery for the year when i get to OZ but cannot seem to find one, i wonder if your friend has any information on this.

thankyou in advance and i hope your friend doesn't mind me asking these questions as from all the way over here in the UK information is limited.

cheryl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.