Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Brisbane

Moving to Brisbane

Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

ljpac has a brilliant futureljpac has a brilliant futureljpac has a brilliant futureljpac has a brilliant futureljpac has a brilliant futureljpac has a brilliant futureljpac has a brilliant future
Post Moving to Brisbane

I hope to move to Brisbane by the end of the year. Please can anyone give me feedback on the removalist they used. I have read horror stories of one so will not be contacting them. From my researches I have Crown, PSS, Whites, John Masons in mind.
I am moving much of the contents of a 3 bed house.
Have been told to leave washing machine, fridge and TV.
Any advice from those who have done this will be appreciated.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Default Re: Moving to Brisbane

Originally Posted by ljpac
I hope to move to Brisbane by the end of the year. Please can anyone give me feedback on the removalist they used. I have read horror stories of one so will not be contacting them. From my researches I have Crown, PSS, Whites, John Masons in mind.
I am moving much of the contents of a 3 bed house.
wouldnt touch PSS with a barge pole !!!
Old Jul 9th 2006, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by marysidey
wouldnt touch PSS with a barge pole !!!
Hi

Just wondering why you would say that . I have them coming around in the morning. Would appreciate feedback.

Stephen
Old Jul 9th 2006, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Courtney will become famous soon enough

Don't go near Britannia either!!!!

Originally Posted by steve & Heather
Hi

Just wondering why you would say that . I have them coming around in the morning. Would appreciate feedback.

Stephen
Old Jul 9th 2006, 11:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljpac
BRING THE WASHING MACHINE!!!!!!
Old Jul 9th 2006, 11:52 pm
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

Hi Guy's,

We used Excess International, not the cheapest out there, but the service was exceptional. We had sole use of a 20ft container which we had no problem filling with stuff from our 4-bedroomed house. Our container was cleared and unpacked by Kent International here in Brisbane. Again excellent service and when you have finish unpacking everything they come and take away all the waste packing materials.

Would suggest that you ship the washing machine, we didn't, but did bring our tumble dryer. Not that we need to use it that much. White goods tend be more expensive here than in the UK, but shopping around helps you get a good deal.

If you need anymore help just PM me.