Moving blind

Old May 12th 2006, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Moving blind

I was just interested to know who has, or is moving to Aus and has not been before.
We have never been and put the house on the market when we got our TRA back. OH told me last night (just as I had come round to the idea) that he thinks that we should take the house off the market and go for a holiday first next year and then put the house back on the market when we return.
I know that it is probably the most sensible thing to do but now I am so confused.
Any replies would be very much appreciated and I thank you in anticipation.
Old May 12th 2006, 8:20 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving blind

We are going completely blind too, but both me & Jan have been drawn to Oz since an early age, are disillusioned with where we live now and have friends who made the move last year.They love it and asked us what we were waiting for? At the mo just the blooming visas!!
Come on DIMIA.!!!
To be honest i have had a roller coaster of emotions since we started this, wondering whether we were doing the right thing,were we being fair to the kids etc, It would change by the week, sometimes daily but i stuck with my gut feeling and as you commit more and more you become more determined to see it through. You can see that your original feelings were right and that you should remain focused and see it through, (that's how i feel anyway)! Jan has never faltered.
Good luck in whatever you decide to do,
Gaz.

Last edited by robos; May 12th 2006 at 8:23 pm.
Old May 12th 2006, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read here......

Here's a poll done recently:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371128

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371125

Originally Posted by grahampaula
I was just interested to know who has, or is moving to Aus and has not been before.
We have never been and put the house on the market when we got our TRA back. OH told me last night (just as I had come round to the idea) that he thinks that we should take the house off the market and go for a holiday first next year and then put the house back on the market when we return.
I know that it is probably the most sensible thing to do but now I am so confused.
Old May 12th 2006, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by robos
We are going completely blind too, but both me & Jan have been drawn to Oz since an early age, are disillusioned with where we live now and have friends who made the move last year.They love it and asked us what we were waiting for? At the mo just the blooming visas!!
Come on DIMIA.!!!
To be honest i have had a roller coaster of emotions since we started this, wondering whether we were doing the right thing,were we being fair to the kids etc, It would change by the week, sometimes daily but i stuck with my gut feeling and as you commit more and more you become more determined to see it through. You can see that your original feelings were right and that you should remain focused and see it through, (that's how i feel anyway)! Jan has never faltered.
Good luck in whatever you decide to do,
Gaz.
Thanks for the reply our situation is very similar (been talking about it for years) I thought that it would be a lot easier now as my parents moved to Turkey last year, I suppose it is just the old nerves kicking in.
Good luck with the visas.
Old May 12th 2006, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Luma
Thanks I am going to be busy reading for a while
Old May 12th 2006, 8:37 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

we're going blind too

Passed TRA in Jan, house on market March, sold at Easter

Got the visa May 4th!! Looks like we're off then

Taking 4 weeks out when we get there to have a look round etc!
Old May 12th 2006, 8:41 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply our situation is very similar (been talking about it for years) I thought that it would be a lot easier now as my parents moved to Turkey last year, I suppose it is just the old nerves kicking in.
Good luck with the visas.

It really is natural, we have been at this for 12 months now and hand on heart every day has it's ups and downs of emotions but when we look at what we have now it just doesn't seem enough and so our instincts kick in.

Good luck whatever you decide

Gaz
Old May 12th 2006, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Moving blind

it is unbelievably silly to go blind. idiotic.that said we're going to do it if all goes well! only just posted TRA, so we have forever to wait. seems to me if you've made your mind up the £3-5000 you spend on a recce would be handy when you move.
Old May 12th 2006, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

We've been for hol, wouldn't have got other half out there without it. Do what you both feel is right I'd have gone without seeing it but I'm glad we did go prior.
Good luck
Old May 12th 2006, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by kporte
it is unbelievably silly to go blind. idiotic.that said we're going to do it if all goes well! only just posted TRA, so we have forever to wait. seems to me if you've made your mind up the £3-5000 you spend on a recce would be handy when you move.
We have just done it and you are right the money does come in handy! But it is an on going argument and what works for some doesn't work for others.We have treated it like an adventure and 2 months in the adventure so far has been great!(with some obvious ups and downs).Good luck to you all.
Old May 12th 2006, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Moving blind

Originally Posted by alan and sam
we're going blind too

Passed TRA in Jan, house on market March, sold at Easter

Got the visa May 4th!! Looks like we're off then

Taking 4 weeks out when we get there to have a look round etc!

Do you two know somebody that works in DIMIA. Thats hell of a quick. Been at it for nearly 1 and half years so far.
Good luck and god bless on your new life.
Old May 12th 2006, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Jempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to all

Hi
We were going to go blind but decided instead to take a reccie for 3 weeks whilst the TRA was being processed just in case it effected our visa application. :scared:

Went from Brisbane to Port Douglas in a camper. Guess what? It was even better than we could even imagine. Only re-enforced the dream for us and in 10 weeks we are off to a new life in Oz.

Hope all goes well for you and your family.

Aly xxxxxxxxxx
Old May 12th 2006, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Like yourselves we have never been to Australia. We have no family there but have got a couple of friends out there who will hopefully help us out when we eventually get over. We have just put our house on the market today as well. Basically fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. We thought about going over to have a look but like somebody said before me, we decided to keep the money and spend it on something else. ie. container charges. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Lynne
Old May 12th 2006, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

We came blind 3 months ago and have settled really well. I think you have to be realistic and take things as you find them. Hardest thing I personally found was the"New feeling",not recognising anything,getting used to new shops,brands,new people on TV,different sports coverage etc..it's a total lack of anything or anyone familiar,if you understand me. It's hard to explain,you have no point of reference,something comes on the TV or in the paper about something from last year & everyone else knows what they are talking about,apart from you - must be a bit like being Joey in Friends,it's like you're out of your depth.
Anyway,not that it's a real problem,it's just something I'd not expected and I think it probably does unsettle some people.
I would still do it again in a second though
Old May 13th 2006, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

HI

Only a thought, how about asking Kris Maynard, she has recently done it blind, she is just coming up to 4 weeks of being here so everything is fresh in her mind, she didnt even know anyone here to help her. Except us from BE

HTH

K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.