Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

moving back to australia

moving back to australia

Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

emmie is just really niceemmie is just really niceemmie is just really niceemmie is just really niceemmie is just really niceemmie is just really niceemmie is just really niceemmie is just really nice
Post moving back to australia

hi, i moved to australia with my parents about a year ago. unfortunatly my parents didn't like it and moved back after 5 months. i really liked it out there and i think i would like to go back, which i can do as i've activated my visa for 5 years now. i'm just wondering how easy it will be to do it on my own, not knowing anyone. was just wondering if anyone on here has done it on their own and if they have any advice for me?
another quick question is, is australia really as great as i remember?! i know it might be a strange question but i was only out there for a short space of time when it was summer and i also didn't get a job. i would really appreciate some honest oppinions of what its like out there.
Thank you for any help that anyone wants to give me!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: moving back to australia

My daugter is over there, only 26 and is travelling around on her own. She has found jobs, friends and is generally enjoying herself.

Where are you heading for?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by emmie
hi, i moved to australia with my parents about a year ago. unfortunatly my parents didn't like it and moved back after 5 months. i really liked it out there and i think i would like to go back, which i can do as i've activated my visa for 5 years now. i'm just wondering how easy it will be to do it on my own, not knowing anyone. was just wondering if anyone on here has done it on their own and if they have any advice for me?
another quick question is, is australia really as great as i remember?! i know it might be a strange question but i was only out there for a short space of time when it was summer and i also didn't get a job. i would really appreciate some honest oppinions of what its like out there.
Thank you for any help that anyone wants to give me!
I was over there alone when I was 22 on a whv - well i was never alone, met loads of people, ur making a good start by being on here! go for it you only live once and if it doesn't work out you can always come back home. I loved it that much i'm off back in 2 weeks, got a job and everything sorted and a friend coming along with me this time which will be nice! on a temp 457 visa to start with but will apply for perm visa next year! its been over 4 years now, can't wait to get back! good luck!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:50 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

i was gonna say the same, you'll meet loadsa a people, just go for it.....you can come back...but i bet you wont
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:58 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

HOw old are you and where are you planning on going? You never know - there might be some people on here roughly your age doing the saem thing (or thinking about it) and you could meet up with them!

I'm an aussie that moved to England by myself (well, had english girlfriend, but didn't know anyone other than that). At first it was difficult - new job, new car, new house, new friends - but SO glad I did it - met heaps of new people. Because you are 'different' (ie I have a strong aussie accent) so people talk to you and ask where you are from etc - automatic conversation starter.

You'll love it - the only thing you need to know is whether you could live with yourself if you DIDN'T give it a go!!!!

I am moving back in 4 weeks - yay - home and sunshine!!
A
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
HOw old are you and where are you planning on going? You never know - there might be some people on here roughly your age doing the saem thing (or thinking about it) and you could meet up with them!

I'm an aussie that moved to England by myself (well, had english girlfriend, but didn't know anyone other than that). At first it was difficult - new job, new car, new house, new friends - but SO glad I did it - met heaps of new people. Because you are 'different' (ie I have a strong aussie accent) so people talk to you and ask where you are from etc - automatic conversation starter.

You'll love it - the only thing you need to know is whether you could live with yourself if you DIDN'T give it a go!!!!

I am moving back in 4 weeks - yay - home and sunshine!!
A
Where abouts are you going to back home?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Don2211 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im 25 and hoping to move out to OZ (on my own).

Ive had my medicals so Im just waiting on a Yes or a No.

I go through different stages when I think should I do this but I also think to myself that I would regret it more if never went and always though 'what if' than if i went and gave it a good go and had to come back after 1-2 years because I couldnt handle it.

everybodys different but you'll never know unless you go, as they say
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Don , my son is also 25, in perth with his girlfriend, he is at Mt Lawley Uni, he finishes in November, he has been here nearly 2 years.
He has made some nice friends, and lives in Scarborough, they love it here, if you want to get in contact I will send you his email address.
Oh i must tell you though , he is a Man U supporter, loves drinking and going to concerts, you know Raves in the parks and stuff. he is mad as a hatter, and lives life to the full, if your quiet, stay well away.
Denise
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Just Lisa will become famous soon enoughJust Lisa will become famous soon enough

Hi

I moved out here with may partner but we split up, I'm 26 and in Adelaide.

I'm lucky though that my parents live here so atleast I have family but it doesn't make up for not having best buddies like I did in the UK.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, I'm very chatty so I have met some really good friends, I have just bought my own place too and its luuuvly!

No going back for me, unless its just for work, I would never afford what I have here and I can't wait for summer!

Lisa
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Don2211 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cranni,

Sounds the same as me, although I support rangers.

Yeah that would be nice, I will probs not be moving out until early next year

Don

Originally Posted by cranni
Hi Don , my son is also 25, in perth with his girlfriend, he is at Mt Lawley Uni, he finishes in November, he has been here nearly 2 years.
He has made some nice friends, and lives in Scarborough, they love it here, if you want to get in contact I will send you his email address.
Oh i must tell you though , he is a Man U supporter, loves drinking and going to concerts, you know Raves in the parks and stuff. he is mad as a hatter, and lives life to the full, if your quiet, stay well away.
Denise
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:24 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Where abouts are you going to back home?
Home is Terrigal on Central Coast (NSW) - about an hour and a half north of Sydneyon the coast - been in the UK for 3 years - looking forward to getting home and getting the surfboard out!!! Apparently its 24 degrees in Terrigal today (my mate txt this morning) although the ocean temp is a very cold 13 at the moment!!!!!!! brrrrrrrr
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

You should go for it. You'll meet loads of people and will soon make friends. It sounds as though you want to go back so you should give it a try. If you don't go then you'll always wonder what if and might regret it. If it doesn't work out then you can always come home again.