Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to australia qualifications to teach plastering and trades

Moving to australia qualifications to teach plastering and trades

Old Apr 8th 2011, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Marcdickson1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving to australia qualifications to teach plastering and trades

Hello there, i am moving to perth,wa at the end of jan 1012.
I have an AQF3 in solid plastering and I am interested in teaching this.
I have 10 years experience and I am looking to find out what courses i will need to sit to receive the required qualifications.
is it worth me training here to get it on the way or should i start once i have moved..

also what other course would i need i need to look at for the next step to be able to award people AQF3 and such like qualifications..

thanks again guys

Marc
Old Apr 8th 2011, 6:36 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to australia qualifications to teach plastering and trades

You will need a Cert IV in Training and Assessment to train and assess people in vocational qualifications. (TAE 40110 - you can do this as an intensive course over 7 days for about $2000). To get a job in the VET sector as a trainer assessor you need to have the same level of qualification as that which you wish to train/assess in or its equivalent. I.e. to teach Cert IV plastering you need equivalent of a Cert IV. You then also need relevant industry experience and a training and assessment qual (as above or equiv).

No idea about what's required to teach in academic settings.

Check out the National Training Information Service - www.ntis.gov.au - this gives details of all Industry TRaining Packages, the qualifications that can be studied and the trainer/assessor requirements - which can be different for each industry.

Google Cert IV TAE 40110 and you'll find loads of companies that offer that qual. There's also a Vocational Job Search under education section on Seek.com.au - give you an idea what trainer assessor jobs pay these days. Good luck!