Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Australia-please help

Moving to Australia-please help

Old Nov 12th 2012, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

oz1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Australia-please help

HI I got PR mid this year and hoping to come to Australia to Validate it in February. Im still trying deciding whether I should move to Aus straight away or wait for sometime.

Im 24 years old. Employed in my home country in the finance field. Living with my parents atm . I know that for anyone when they migrate it takes time to settle. In my case Im from a Asian country and as known we are not paid well at all, although they take the maximum work. Thats one of the reasons made me apply for Aus PR.Therefore I do not have lot of savings to bring Austrailia either .

So Id like to know just to be secure, in the event I move to Australia and take some time to find a Job , would I be eligible to receive financial support from the government? As in even loan scheme to cover my basic expenses( rent, food) till I get a job, and then itll be deducted from my salary? I got the independent 175 visa. so what are my options untill i get a job in Aus to support my self?

Please share your experiences. Im hoping to settle in Melbourne.

Thank you!
Old Nov 12th 2012, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Australia-please help

You will need to save up and support yourself. There will be no help, no loans.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 9:04 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

If you are living at home and employed then you are in a good position to save up. If you need government assistance, then you can't afford to emigrate.

If you are young and single though it should be easy. Come over, stay in a backpacker hostel and pick up work.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

You'll need six months savings at least. Jobs are tough to find in Australia at the moment and it's not going to be easy. Being single though, you should be fine and if you stay at backpackers etc as suggested above can save money that way
Old Nov 13th 2012, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You will need to save up and support yourself. There will be no help, no loans.
Thank you so Much for the replies? Even the Part time jobs/odd jobs are difficult find ?
Though Im employed in the finance profession, Im willing do even part times untill I secure employment to survive.

Are we able to get loans from any institution even with high interest rates in an arrangement to pay it once the employment is secured? I have heard that If you are hoping to continue to your higher studies, you can obtain loans to pay for you education costs and later when u are employed full time that is deducted from youre salary. Is such methods available for living arrangements?
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oz1234
Thank you so Much for the replies? Even the Part time jobs/odd jobs are difficult find ?
Though Im employed in the finance profession, Im willing do even part times untill I secure employment to survive.

Are we able to get loans from any institution even with high interest rates in an arrangement to pay it once the employment is secured? I have heard that If you are hoping to continue to your higher studies, you can obtain loans to pay for you education costs and later when u are employed full time that is deducted from youre salary. Is such methods available for living arrangements?
Nobody is going to lend money to a new immigrant looking for work, it is too big a risk. Likewise, no you cannot get loans for higher education, that is for citizens only.

You need to save up. Really, that is what we all had to do.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

classybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to all

HI I got PR mid this year and hoping to come to Australia to Validate it in February. Im still trying deciding whether I should move to Aus straight away or wait for sometime.

Im 24 years old. Employed in my home country in the finance field. Living with my parents atm . I know that for anyone when they migrate it takes time to settle. In my case Im from a Asian country and as known we are not paid well at all, although they take the maximum work. Thats one of the reasons made me apply for Aus PR.Therefore I do not have lot of savings to bring Austrailia either .

So Id like to know just to be secure, in the event I move to Australia and take some time to find a Job , would I be eligible to receive financial support from the government? As in even loan scheme to cover my basic expenses( rent, food) till I get a job, and then itll be deducted from my salary? I got the independent 175 visa. so what are my options untill i get a job in Aus to support my self?

Thank you!

Well you could take a loan out in the Country you are living now. You are employed at the moment and living with parents so it should be easy. Then you can make arrangements to pay back the said load by setting up an account with a bank that makes international transfers (at good rates of course). I know a few people who have had to do this to start their dream life in Australia
Old Nov 14th 2012, 1:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes part time/casual/temp jobs are hard to come by. Depends on where you're heading to but I wouldn't come out with less than 6 months worth of finances. Good luck.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Nobody is going to lend money to a new immigrant looking for work, it is too big a risk. Likewise, no you cannot get loans for higher education, that is for citizens only.

You need to save up. Really, that is what we all had to do.
Thank you very much for the replies. Financing is one of my biggest concerns to move to Australia.

If im to live in Melbourne ,Considering Cost of Living now ,Approximately how much of AUD I need to have with me to survive a month?

I also hear that job market in Ausi turns better after february after holiday period? is that generally the case?

Really appreciate all your responses to help me
Old Jan 10th 2013, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

amitkrishnan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you!
Hi
Have you made your move, well even I am in the same boat, well i got my PR very recently. Please post your updates.

Take care,
Old Jan 11th 2013, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi iam to move in mid February. how about you?
Old Jan 11th 2013, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

well, I have to find a job first, then i may plan my move. However, I have a plan to visit in May 2013.

All the best.

regards,
Old Jan 12th 2013, 6:39 am
Banned

pomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of light

you may find that you hate it, it's a very racist country.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 6:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pomikev
you may find that you hate it, it's a very racist country.
You may right at certain extent, since I have lived there for few years, I am very much aware of their culture and environment. However, this country was nominated as one of the best place to live in earth.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

I also hear that job market in Ausi turns better after february after holiday period? is that generally the case?
Yes, that is generally true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.