Reload this Page >

Moving to Australia from Canada

Wikiposts

Moving to Australia from Canada

Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:30 am
Just Joined

Bernacia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Australia from Canada

My boyfriend and I are planning on moving to Australia. He is planning on applying on a skilled trade visa and me as his spouse. Will this guarantee me getting a visa if he is approved? Does it matter and make it easier for both of us to get a visa if we are married first? What should we know about moving to Australia? Any tips would help. Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:28 am
maggy

Default Re: Moving to Australia from Canada

Originally Posted by Bernacia
My boyfriend and I are planning on moving to Australia. He is planning on applying on a skilled trade visa and me as his spouse. Will this guarantee me getting a visa if he is approved? Does it matter and make it easier for both of us to get a visa if we are married first? What should we know about moving to Australia? Any tips would help. Thanks
Try e mailing siren on this forum as she moved to Perth from Canada 10 months ago on spouse visa.

I am sure she will behappy to help you out.

Good Luck

Maggy

Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:12 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggy
Try e mailing siren on this forum as she moved to Perth from Canada 10 months ago on spouse visa.

I am sure she will behappy to help you out.

Good Luck

Maggy

*Ahem* that's 11 months and 5 days Mags! LOL

I actually came over on a Fiance's visa as my husband is an Australian citizen. How long have you and your boyfriend been together? (living together, cause that's what counts for DIMIA)

If you can prove a defacto relationship for more than 12 months, then there should be no issue giving you a spouse visa (assuming that he's accepted on the skilled trade one.)

Hope this helps!

Siren
Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:25 am
maggy

Originally Posted by Siren
*Ahem* that's 11 months and 5 days Mags! LOL

I actually came over on a Fiance's visa as my husband is an Australian citizen. How long have you and your boyfriend been together? (living together, cause that's what counts for DIMIA)

If you can prove a defacto relationship for more than 12 months, then there should be no issue giving you a spouse visa (assuming that he's accepted on the skilled trade one.)

Hope this helps!

Siren
Siren to the rescue lol

ok 11 months 5 days hahahaha wont forget again

xx

Old Feb 9th 2005, 1:19 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernacia

The other responses on this thread are about spouse visas. This will confuse, as it may not be your situation.

1. Have you lived together for 12 months and can you evidence this? If so, you can probably get a visa as part of his application (only health and character criteria to meet)
2. If not, he'll have to sponsor you for a spouse visa later on after he has established residence in Australia.
3. If you are living together but less than 12 months then it's a potentially complex situation and you need professional advice.
4. The 12 month cohabitation rule does not apply to legally married spouses - only de-facto couples.

Jeremy
Old Feb 9th 2005, 1:37 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
The other responses on this thread are about spouse visas. This will confuse, as it may not be your situation.

1. Have you lived together for 12 months and can you evidence this? If so, you can probably get a visa as part of his application (only health and character criteria to meet)

4. The 12 month cohabitation rule does not apply to legally married spouses - only de-facto couples.

Jeremy

I thought that was what I said? LOL

Siren