Reload this Page >

Moving to Australia - Advice

Moving to Australia - Advice

Old Feb 12th 2017, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

mrogers1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Australia - Advice

Here’s my situation;

I’m married and would love to emigrate with my wife and children over to Australia, we’re not hugely fussed on where to be fair, but would prefer SA, QLD, VIC or NSW. I’m 32 (33 in July), my wife is 31 and our children 10 & 7. I don’t have a degree but have been working as a Head of IT / IT director since 2010 and as an IT manager since October 2005 through to December 2009. I know IT manager is on the CSOL as is CIO for South Australia and both need 70 points from my understanding.

I also have a couple of other routes which may be an option;

1. My wife’s uncle emigrated 20+ years ago and is an Australian Citizen, living in Queensland and I believe would be open to sponsoring us if that helped.

2. My current employer is also willing to discuss me relocating to Australia (Sydney) but I’m concerned whether they would be able to given CIO and IT manager aren’t on the SOL or CSOL for NSW and I’m also concerned about the childcare costs in NSW if I’m on that temp visa (which seem to be $5k - $6k per child per annum).

So, a few questions;

1. What points do you think ACS would award me
2. What are people’s thoughts on whether SA will look at people scoring less than 70 points?
3. Can my employer employ me in NSW?
4. Is the relative in Queensland any help at all?
5. Final question, I know Business Analyst and System Analyst are both on the SOL, if I were to retrain as those, how much experience would I need in order to be able to emigrate under one of these codes.

Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michael
Old Feb 12th 2017, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Australia - Advice

Originally Posted by mrogers1984
Here’s my situation;

I’m married and would love to emigrate with my wife and children over to Australia, we’re not hugely fussed on where to be fair, but would prefer SA, QLD, VIC or NSW. I’m 32 (33 in July), my wife is 31 and our children 10 & 7. I don’t have a degree but have been working as a Head of IT / IT director since 2010 and as an IT manager since October 2005 through to December 2009. I know IT manager is on the CSOL as is CIO for South Australia and both need 70 points from my understanding.

I also have a couple of other routes which may be an option;

1. My wife’s uncle emigrated 20+ years ago and is an Australian Citizen, living in Queensland and I believe would be open to sponsoring us if that helped.

2. My current employer is also willing to discuss me relocating to Australia (Sydney) but I’m concerned whether they would be able to given CIO and IT manager aren’t on the SOL or CSOL for NSW and I’m also concerned about the childcare costs in NSW if I’m on that temp visa (which seem to be $5k - $6k per child per annum).

So, a few questions;

1. What points do you think ACS would award me
2. What are people’s thoughts on whether SA will look at people scoring less than 70 points?
3. Can my employer employ me in NSW?
4. Is the relative in Queensland any help at all?
5. Final question, I know Business Analyst and System Analyst are both on the SOL, if I were to retrain as those, how much experience would I need in order to be able to emigrate under one of these codes.

Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

I’m also concerned about the childcare costs in NSW if I’m on that temp visa (which seem to be $5k - $6k per child per annum).

Wow that's cheap. I reckon we dump about $8000 a year on that for 1 child and that's before the governments help. But we do live in a premium area that has premium child care costs.

Is the relative in Queensland any help at all?

Only for sponsorship. But that might mean you would need to live in Queensland and that would suck.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 10:21 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help with much of that stuff (it's been a loooong time since we applied for a visa!), but on the NSW childcare stuff for school-aged children, are you meaning school fees for your children? Or are you talking about OOSH costs for your children?
Old Feb 14th 2017, 1:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
I’m also concerned about the childcare costs in NSW if I’m on that temp visa (which seem to be $5k - $6k per child per annum).

Wow that's cheap. I reckon we dump about $8000 a year on that for 1 child and that's before the governments help. But we do live in a premium area that has premium child care costs.

Is the relative in Queensland any help at all?

Only for sponsorship. But that might mean you would need to live in Queensland and that would suck.
However the OP might love it as many others do. Let's stay on topic please and thank you.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

A migration agent would be a good place to ask some of these questions. A Google search will bring up plenty of options: this is the website of one of them GM Visas | Australian visas from the leading firm of migration advisors
Old Feb 16th 2017, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz

He might be referring to schooling costs in NSW which, on a temporary visa, would be of that order. Child care would be of the order of $100+ per day for a pre school age child which would be closer to $20+k pa for a kid in full time care and no rebates for temporary visas. No idea how much after school care is these days.

Temporary visas are just that, temporary, and an employer would have to show that there wasn't an Australian who could do the job. Not a great idea for anyone with kids really.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
However the OP might love it as many others do. Let's stay on topic please and thank you.
Did u mean to say what a nob by any chance ? Just sayin !
Old Feb 16th 2017, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

If your current employer will re locate you on a 186 PR visa that would be an option, the occupation would need to be in the CSOL but not the CSOL specifically for NSW as that is for state not employer sponsorship.

Running your case via a good migration agent could be worth the money to get a fully informed run down of your visa options. Only someone who has all of the facts can do this, and only a paid MARA agent will have any guarantee of service.
Old Feb 18th 2017, 10:10 am
Just Joined

mrogers1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya, can anyone recommend a good migration agent?
Old Feb 18th 2017, 10:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrogers1984
Hiya, can anyone recommend a good migration agent?
See post No 5 for one, also there are other agents who do post on here, but please ensure that the agent is MARA registered.