Reload this Page >

Moving to Australia Advice.

Moving to Australia Advice.

Old Jan 14th 2013, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Tlanders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Australia Advice.

Hello,

I'm planning on moving to Australia this September. I'l only 23 and will be going by myself so things seem a little daunting at the minute and there's still a lot i need to read up on. I have Booked my flight to Sydney and have only applied for a working holiday visa at the moment as i'm hoping to be able apply for a sponsored visa whilst out there.

I my main worry is my likelihood of getting a job. I'm a time served CNC machinist, HNC in mechanical engineering is my highest qualification, I also have qualifications in AutCAD and Inventor which are the jobs I would like to focus on. I would like to know if there are many jobs going out there which fit my criteria and which cities/area would be the best place to go.

Thanks
Old Jul 31st 2013, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Norman84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Australia Advice.

Just try to enjoy travelling around Australia and get work as you find it. Jobs over there are more prevalent than here so try not to worry about it. If you're prepared to work on a farm packing veg for example you could always extend your working holiday visa for another year to give you more time to find an employer who will sponsor you.

Good Luck and Have fun!
Old Aug 1st 2013, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold

If you travel around Queensland there are quite a few fruit and vegetable areas that employ backpackers by the hundred - for example Bowen in North Queensland with the Tomato, pepper and courgette crops. Then as the weather warms there are plenty of picking jobs going in the Southern States, there's quite a "circuit" of pickers and packers throughout the year.

You'll meet lots of people in your circumstances and it will be a good "grapevine" for job opportunities etc. Where there are backpackers there are low cost hostels.. you'll have a ball I can assure you.

Also if arriving on a one way ticket you may (as I understand it) have to provide proof that you have enough means to survive on for the time you are here. Aussie Embassy / Consulate should have online information but I guess you have covered your bases. Have fun.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 5:11 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how this got resurrected - OP hasn't been seen since Jan
Old Aug 1st 2013, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold

Probably been and gone