Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MOVING TO ADELAIDE

MOVING TO ADELAIDE

Old Jun 9th 2010, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Rachel-13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MOVING TO ADELAIDE

Looking to possibly move to Adelaide can someone tell me the best location to live with the best schools and good computing options?

Thanks

Rachel
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOVING TO ADELAIDE

Can't help with this one but good luck...
Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Well obviously the best schools and locations are subjective.

When you say IT do you mean IT employment or internet connections???

Purely on the hunch that you mean IT employment I would head East of the CBD - it's a wealthy area and easy to get into the CBD from those suburbs. Kensington/Marryatville are in the zone for Marryatville High - one of the best public high schools in Adelaide. There are many very good private high schools in the area too and I would say most public primaries in the East are of good standard.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:41 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Adelaide is pretty big and spread out and quite diverse.
Make a list of your wants, schools etc, then research the areas of those schools, check out prices of real estate in those areas, and employment opportunities - seek.com/careerone etc.
Its a minefield and no one can chose where your 'home' is but you.

Im down south, by the beach 45mins to the city, but theres so many nice areas to choose from, even up north lol. I havnt seen a burb i wouldnt live in...ok a few might be under duress but on the whole most places are nice, depends what youre looking for.
Good Luck.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rachel-13
Looking to possibly move to Adelaide can someone tell me the best location to live with the best schools and good computing options?

Thanks

Rachel
Without some idea of your budget (to buy or rent a house) it's pretty difficult for people on here to give you any sensible advice. Best schools? Public or private (and again, budget)? Commuting? Will you be working in the CBD, or to the south or to north of the CBD? What's you expectation for a one way journey? Less than 20 mins, up to an hour, and hour and a half? Help us to help you.