Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving To Adelaide

Moving To Adelaide

Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

sush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving To Adelaide

Me and my partner are moving to Adelaide next year..... and leaving the UK in Feb. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have been before and what a great place and great people!!

My partner is in the building industry, so just wanted to know if there are any of you in the same occupation going to Adelaide ?

Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moving To Adelaide

Hi there

Am also moving to Adelaide from Manchester - probably in the next few months. Husband is Australian & after 4 years in the UK is ready to go home to his family & friends. Not so sure myself - don't want to leave my own family & friends!! Visited Adelaide a few times over the last few years, nice place - but will it ever feel like home???
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by donovandenese
Hi there

Am also moving to Adelaide from Manchester - probably in the next few months. Husband is Australian & after 4 years in the UK is ready to go home to his family & friends. Not so sure myself - don't want to leave my own family & friends!! Visited Adelaide a few times over the last few years, nice place - but will it ever feel like home???
I think Adelaide is definatly a " home from home place" - I can't wait to go back there - Just dreading those spiders!!! as when we were there i never saw any !!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Claire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really nice

Hi Sush, Were also hopeing to move to Adelaide next Feb My wife's a nurse and I'm a plumber/gas engineer.

Never been to Adelaide before but from what we've read sounds like a nice chilled out place to live and the climate seems a bit more bearable.

my wife has already had an interview with a hospital in the center but I think I'll just go with an agency at first, We've been looking at areas about 15km -20km south of the city, do you know how long this would take to drive, are the roads really busy?

Hope everything goes well.

Dave.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Claire and Dave
Hi Sush, Were also hopeing to move to Adelaide next Feb My wife's a nurse and I'm a plumber/gas engineer.

Never been to Adelaide before but from what we've read sounds like a nice chilled out place to live and the climate seems a bit more bearable.

my wife has already had an interview with a hospital in the center but I think I'll just go with an agency at first, We've been looking at areas about 15km -20km south of the city, do you know how long this would take to drive, are the roads really busy?

Dave.
Hi Dave

When we went over there we never had a car - we used there bus services which was very good - But the distance that your looking at is around 20 min drive to the centre of Adelaide - And i would say the roads are no different to what they are over here - Keep in touch - You never know we could be on the same plane to Adelaide !!!!!!

Sush
Old Apr 13th 2007, 3:26 pm
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

Hi all

we r off to adelaide in 4 weeks

hubby has been b 4 and got his bro there i've never been, oh is plumber/gas fitter and has hopefully got a job lined up will know the monday after we land

we r a family of 5 the 3 kids r 8 5 & 3

excited and nervous at the same time just dreading the flight

Paula xx
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claire and Dave

Dave.
Depending on where you are 15-20 km south of the city it could be anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. We live just off Northeast Rd 8 km from the city and during rush hour it takes me about 20 minutes to get to North Adelaide. Add another 5-10 to get into the CBD. If there is an accident on your main way in (the freeway or South Rd) then you can add quite a bit more to your time.
As for the roads being busy, it really depends on where you come from. We moved here from Toronto area and found the traffic to be very light. The infastructure is very poor by comparison, but there are far less people here than where we came from so less traffic.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 3:47 am
Finding a way out........

uktruckie is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to find some information about Tanunda in Adelaide, can anyone give me a low down?

Thanks
Old Apr 14th 2007, 4:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uktruckie
I'm trying to find some information about Tanunda in Adelaide, can anyone give me a low down?

Thanks
Tanunda is not in Adelaide. It is in the Barossa Valley, about 1 hour northeast of the city. It's really too far to commute if you are thinking of living in Tanunda and working in Adelaide. From what I can find on the internet, there is a golf course and a few wineries there. Not much else.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Tanunda is not in Adelaide. It is in the Barossa Valley, about 1 hour northeast of the city. It's really too far to commute if you are thinking of living in Tanunda and working in Adelaide. From what I can find on the internet, there is a golf course and a few wineries there. Not much else.
Thanks, the wineries is what I'm most intersted in
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:18 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

hehe alckie

can i come
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by louise4
hehe alckie

can i come
Off course you can, but I only need to glasses of wine and I'm anybodies
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:21 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Off course you can, but I only need to glasses of wine and I'm anybodies

if we go dutch you will be a cheap date then . like it
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:34 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

If you want a job these guys are always after Drivers with experience.
http://www.boothtransport.com/news/index.php
...............mm
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by louise4
if we go dutch you will be a cheap date then . like it
Yup, I'm a very cheap date, I like things simple, Pizza, a glass of wine, and a walk back to my place

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.