Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Movers - tales of woe!

Movers - tales of woe!

Old Dec 4th 2010, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Barnsley to Uxbridge to Southampton and eventually to Iluka....
Gert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really nice
Default Re: Movers - tales of woe!

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Whatever.
Very original
Old Dec 4th 2010, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gert Muller
Very original

No worries.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

welshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nice

We used Allied Pickfords, had stuff delivered last week, all OK, the only problem that we had and still got, is not everything that belonged together was packed together, our TV stand was packed in 2 different boxes, not the problem, while the guy who was here assembing our large goods, trying to put things together, I was runnin round the place doing a treasure hunt, looking for screws n things to assemble, found them with the coffee tables, legs for table some in separate package, some in a box!! Still cant find the lead for one of the computers, n a remote for 1 of the T.V.s

No breakages so no big worries, would ave no probs recomending them
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

i used constantine shipping from scotland to perth a few years ago and whilst they were brilliant,everything packed and boxed very professionally, i had one picture frame broken,no big deal this happens
my problem was in australia,i had arranged door to door delivery and unpacking,i was told there was no one to unload and unpack container {short staffed and absentee's} i would need to do it myself

"F'F'SAKE" !!!!! i can still feel the sweat run my back and that was four years ago.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 3:21 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshdragon2010
Still cant find the lead for one of the computers, n a remote for 1 of the T.V.s
We weren't in the country when the furniture was packed - but before we left we sorted out all the pc/tv cables out ourselves - all cables belonging to a particular piece of equipment were cable tied together with a little label with the name of the person's pc/telly/whatever.

I amazed myself with the idea - but it did make it much easier to assemble pcs at the other end.

When we moved from the UK, the movers taped any screws to the piece of furniture (in a plastic bag first, obviously), when we moved interstate, the movers put all screws and other odds and sods like remotes in one box, which was the last thing in the container and the first thing out. Both methods seemed equally successful.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 3:43 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Movers - tales of woe!

Originally Posted by Dreamy
We weren't in the country when the furniture was packed - but before we left we sorted out all the pc/tv cables out ourselves - all cables belonging to a particular piece of equipment were cable tied together with a little label with the name of the person's pc/telly/whatever.

I amazed myself with the idea - but it did make it much easier to assemble pcs at the other end.

I did something similar. Organised all our electronic equipment in advance, sorted out the cables and taped them to each device. I was present when the packers boxed it, and made sure everything stayed together. Absolutely no problems at the other end.