Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Move to Sunshine Coast with 3 dogs

Move to Sunshine Coast with 3 dogs

Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

blondiefee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move to Sunshine Coast with 3 dogs

New to the BE site. ... loving the insights and information... moving to Sunshine Coast shortly... great to have a forum like this... x
Looking forward to meeting people in the Sunny country - Noosa area .. Anyone out there??
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Move to Sunshine Coast with 3 dogs

Welcome to the forum!
Have not been on here for some time myself!
We live in Buderim and have 2 dogs (been here 6 years). The dog park in Buderim is quite social hub believe it or not. Have made and met some good friends there. Not sure about the Noosa area though but I'm sure someone on here will be able to give you some info.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Selina, thanks for the message. There is so much information on here and so much going on. Could I ask, did you take your dogs over with you from the UK? If so, how did it all go? We have 2 Weimeraners and a German Shepherd and they are little angels (ok, big dogs, but little darlings). Just starting to wonder about logistics of getting them over to Oz, also about getting a rental to start with and all that kind of 'moving stuff' - any advice would be greatly received.
Thanks
Old Sep 28th 2012, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

3 dogs? unless you buy or rent a place with a big garden you'll have difficulties getting 3 dogs licenced. I'm sure you know this but might be worth searching on the Sunshine Coast council website.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
3 dogs? unless you buy or rent a place with a big garden you'll have difficulties getting 3 dogs licenced. I'm sure you know this but might be worth searching on the Sunshine Coast council website.
Thanks Kevin, will do, just another hurdle. cheers
Old Sep 30th 2012, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

I agree with Kevin, best to check out the Council website.

We bought our dogs here and had to get a special license to have the 2. I think there is some sort of rule about the size of your lots and the number of dogs you can have. Best to check it out to be sure.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 5:01 am
Just Joined

ashplatz is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm from the Mountain Creek area which is 2 minutes from the Buderim Dog Park. Quite a nice place during the day and open 24/7 with lights, albeit not very good ones! Looks packed in the afternoons which is a good thing for new people to the area.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 4:21 am
Just Joined

luckylady68 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have recently arrived and shipped our 2 dogs, if you need any info please feel free to email me.
My husband & I are both originally from Devon (Sidmouth & Plymouth) where do you live?
Old Dec 1st 2012, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hey there, thanks, that's brilliant - I've sent you a PM. Hope you've settled in well, would be great to get any info you could share. Cheers
Old Dec 1st 2012, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

luckylady68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Move to Sunshine Coast with 3 dogs

I don't seem to be able to access your message as I'm new to this forum.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 1:40 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luckylady68
I don't seem to be able to access your message as I'm new to this forum.
you should be able to now as you've made three posts.