Reload this Page >

To move or not to move?????

To move or not to move?????

Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

wong-fei-hung is on a distinguished road
Red face To move or not to move?????

Hi everyone,
Could i have your opinions please, i need to know if im being realistic here, My partner and i have decided over a year ago that we would like to migrate to Oz, for a number of reasons, main one being that of the children.

Thing is, we said back then, we will save, what we can, before we make the final decisions, we have now recieved notification from our agent, so the first cheque is on its way (first big step)

My dilema is, ive noticed that, reading these forums, the magority of people moving to Oz are quite 'well off', houses to sell, buisnesses to start over there etc etc .. and we dont.

My partner is going for skilled independant visa, and we have 5 children, but we dont have a house to sell, we dont have a buisness to take with us or start over there, we are going with very little actually, less then £25,000

Are we being realistic or what? please help, a friend said thats plenty to start out on in Australia as long as we find work but reading some posts im having serious doubts and worries, should i put our little savings into our house here or take the chance?? HEEELLPPP please

Thank you
Saffy & Ant
(4 blues 1 pink)
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:42 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To move or not to move?????

Dont worry, it's plenty to start you off, after all you'll be getting jobs I imagine to keep the money coming in?

There's a thread further down here about a similar topic....
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:43 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Don't believe all you read. I was made redundant in UK, wife is a nurse, we gave it a go & moved here with next to nothing.
If you want it bad enough go for it.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a lot of scaremongering on here, perhaps too much.

Yes be cautious, but more importantly be prepared. Research thoroughly where you intend settling.

It all boils down to how much you "really" want it. You could migrate as a ten dollar pom 20 years ago. Those people arrived with suitcases.

You can do it and you'll have plenty of money.

Do it or regret it.

Originally Posted by wong-fei-hung
Hi everyone,
Could i have your opinions please, i need to know if im being realistic here, My partner and i have decided over a year ago that we would like to migrate to Oz, for a number of reasons, main one being that of the children.

Thing is, we said back then, we will save, what we can, before we make the final decisions, we have now recieved notification from our agent, so the first cheque is on its way (first big step)

My dilema is, ive noticed that, reading these forums, the magority of people moving to Oz are quite 'well off', houses to sell, buisnesses to start over there etc etc .. and we dont.

My partner is going for skilled independant visa, and we have 5 children, but we dont have a house to sell, we dont have a buisness to take with us or start over there, we are going with very little actually, less then £25,000

Are we being realistic or what? please help, a friend said thats plenty to start out on in Australia as long as we find work but reading some posts im having serious doubts and worries, should i put our little savings into our house here or take the chance?? HEEELLPPP please

Thank you
Saffy & Ant
(4 blues 1 pink)
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bridiej
Dont worry, it's plenty to start you off, after all you'll be getting jobs I imagine to keep the money coming in?

There's a thread further down here about a similar topic....

Oh wheres the thread? so i can read up about it please?? cant seee for looking i think....
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bordy
Don't believe all you read. I was made redundant in UK, wife is a nurse, we gave it a go & moved here with next to nothing.
If you want it bad enough go for it.

Thats what everyone keeps saying to us, and if it was just us i probably would, but with having children, its a bit risky to up sticks and just go!....
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what everyone keeps saying to us, and if it was just us i probably would, but with having children, its a bit risky to up sticks and just go!....
Hey, what's the worst that can happen?
Buy return tickets and give it a go, if after 11 months it isn't working then come back to the UK, better to have tried and failed rather than not trying at all. Regrets are the worst thing to have
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:16 pm
Here at last!!!

The Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant future

Have u found the thread you are looking for yet? It's called "How much did you take?"
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice
Red face Re: To move or not to move?????

The main reason we are going is for the children,when i look at what seems to be ahead of them here(house prices/job prospects etc)if your renting here whats to stop you renting there..
my friends have gone over with there three children and three coming over in the next yr,and they spend far less £'s over there than here becauce they spend more time out at parks and beaches..as here it was always things inside that cost alot..they have gone to w.a nr Bunbury and our having a five bed house built with land total..$240,000 i don/t think you could get that here!! just somthing to think about...Jackie.
also child benifit is quite good from what she says
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:19 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Thank you
Saffy & Ant
(4 blues 1 pink)
I think you will be just fine....dont take in what you read as face value.
I am sure like the rest of us you work pretty hard for what you have and it will be just the same in Oz.

Good luck with your move....the kids will have a blast out there
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jackie/steve
also child benifit is quite good from what she says
I didnt think benefits was available untill after the 2 year period??
make a lot of difference recieving child benefits
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Dove Family
Have u found the thread you are looking for yet? It's called "How much did you take?"
Yes thank you chick
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice

I didnt think benefits was available untill after the 2 year period??
make a lot of difference recieving child benefits
My friend arrived in dec 05 and went to centrelink and gets $80 every 2 weeks per child her husband is on $50,000 so you could get more i think..if yr wages were lower..
Old Apr 19th 2005, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jackie/steve
My friend arrived in dec 05 and went to centrelink and gets $80 every 2 weeks per child her husband is on $50,000 so you could get more i think..if yr wages were lower..

Thats very interesting, i think ill look into that, thank you very much
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:24 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh wheres the thread? so i can read up about it please?? cant seee for looking i think....
Apologies, I logged off not long after posting that.

Hope you found it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.