Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mountain creek state high school ??

mountain creek state high school ??

Old Jun 19th 2007, 12:35 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future
Question mountain creek state high school ??

can anyone please tell me about mountain creek state high school and primary good and bad things ?? and do you know if there is a basketball school in this area ?? cheers
Old Jun 19th 2007, 12:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mountain creek state high school ??

Try a search. It's always coming up. Don't remember any bad but don't take a lot of notice, not being around there.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lol
can anyone please tell me about mountain creek state high school and primary good and bad things ?? and do you know if there is a basketball school in this area ?? cheers
lol, I will send you the email contact I have with the school if you want it. If you email them they will send out a full pack including what the tuck shop sells. Our lads are enrolled there already for when we get over.

If you look at the queensland results list it is one of the best schools in queensland. I have that too if you want that.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:54 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future

can you enrol before you get there ?? i was told you had to live in the catchment area ?? have you managed to get a rental to go to
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lol
can you enrol before you get there ?? i was told you had to live in the catchment area ?? have you managed to get a rental to go to
You do have to live in the catchment area. I explained we didnt have anywhere to rent yet within the area and they have sent us an excemption form whereby we put it in writing that we will ultimately be living in the catchment area. We hand that in when we get over there if we havent found somewhere to live within 2 weeks. It really wasnt a problem.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:42 am
lol
Forum Regular

hi there, thats sooo good to know. not long now until you go !! good luck with your move. we have got a holiday house rental in mooloolaba for 2 weeks and hopefully can find a perm 6mths within that time, fingers crossed
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lol
hi there, thats sooo good to know. not long now until you go !! good luck with your move. we have got a holiday house rental in mooloolaba for 2 weeks and hopefully can find a perm 6mths within that time, fingers crossed
when do you fly out???

we have a house for a week and are hoping to find somewhere to rent within that week - talk about pushing the boundaries.haha
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:52 am
lol
Forum Regular

we fly out on the 17th august from perth. My hubbys brother lives in buderim and he loves it. I've not been but my hubbys has. i have 3 boys twins aged 13 and one at 11 and they all happy to go. You'll be fine finding a rental. have you been before ??
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lol
we fly out on the 17th august from perth. My hubbys brother lives in buderim and he loves it. I've not been but my hubbys has. i have 3 boys twins aged 13 and one at 11 and they all happy to go. You'll be fine finding a rental. have you been before ??
Yes we have been before, we have two lads 16 and 11. A big chunk of Buderim is in the catchment area too - I have the actual catchment area picture thing. Plus the real estate agents help out a lot. Paul likes Buderim,whereas I like MC. we will decide when we get over, not stressing too much at all about it.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough

Hi
I've got one at the primary and one at the high school - both love school and prefer it to school in the UK.
The catchment area for the primary school is much smaller than the high school and doesnt include Mooloolaba or much of Buderim so be very careful when going for a rental. It even comes down to house numbers in some roads!!
Its also very hard to get a rental here at the moment - there's a real shortage and most agents have more people wanting them than houses available - it may be a good idea to contact a few agents before you get here and find out the situation. Once again check and double check on the school zone as some of them will lead you to believe you can get into the school when you can't
Good Luck
Sarah
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:33 pm
lol
Forum Regular

thanks thats really useful information... fingers crossed we will get something i have put our name down on a few mailing lists and my hubbys brother is there so that helps hes looking aswell. cheers