Mount Doom

Old May 14th 2003, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bryank
you'll be able to afford a garden shed to live in!
Do you mean a dwelling with nothing but empty land about it and fashioned from wood with a corrugated iron roof? You are sounding like an estate agent with someting to advertise downunder. Your patter needs work and you should invest in some hair gel but you are going well.
Old May 14th 2003, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Slippers
Do you mean a dwelling with nothing but empty land about it and fashioned from wood with a corrugated iron roof? You are sounding like an estate agent with someting to advertise downunder. Your patter needs work and you should invest in some hair gel but you are going well.
if that was your best attempt to be witty.....
Old May 14th 2003, 3:34 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

The graph's a good one Bilbo (Nationwide?), every other bubble has burst so why not this one? In real terms, a 25% drop will sort it out, though we may need a stiff dose of inflation to ease the pain and speed up the return to trend.

Cheers - Don
Old May 14th 2003, 3:44 am
Bilbo

I can see clearly now:
Attached Thumbnails Mount Doom-monthly_graph3.gif  

Old May 14th 2003, 4:14 am
Don
Banned

Originally posted by Bilbo
I can see clearly now:
Very amusing Bilbo and now I think you were trying to say earlier that at least the underlying trend is on the up, regardless of temporary bubles? True enough, but it takes typically 6/7 years to get the second half of the bubble out of the way. Fancy putting your dreams (whoops! I meant migration plans) on hold just because you can't sell the house without making a big loss?

Cheers - Don
Old May 14th 2003, 4:21 am
Bilbo

Its a Bright, Bright SunShiny Day:
Attached Thumbnails Mount Doom-monthly_graph4.gif  

Old May 14th 2003, 4:23 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Very amusing Bilbo and now I think you were trying to say earlier that at least the underlying trend is on the up, regardless of temporary bubles? True enough, but it takes typically 6/7 years to get the second half of the bubble out of the way. Fancy putting your dreams (whoops! I meant migration plans) on hold just because you can't sell the house without making a big loss?

Cheers - Don
You are very level headed , I must agree with what you say immigration has to founded on better ground than economic reasons .
If OZ or NZ were the greatest places in the world to live why would your bank balance matter?

Old May 14th 2003, 5:11 am
Bilbo

Nothing but blue skies:
Attached Thumbnails Mount Doom-monthly_graph5.gif  

Old May 14th 2003, 5:22 am
Don
Banned

Well the graph looks about right to me!

Don't forget to put NEGATIVE EQUITY shading in next time, footnote: 'Dreams on hold, can't sell the blo*dy house'.

Cheers - Don
Old May 14th 2003, 7:46 am
Bilbo

Oh dear. There's a Rainbow over the Telegraph. More showers ahead:

Baghdad Bounce

Old May 14th 2003, 11:07 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

How bizarre, all these would be experts, please give us your informed opinion please.

http://www.itv.com/news/851110.html
Old May 14th 2003, 11:09 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Louis Armstrong blowing his own trumpet again
Old May 14th 2003, 11:14 am
Bilbo

Why are they worried?

Old May 14th 2003, 12:01 pm
Don
Banned

Originally posted by paulf
How bizarre, all these would be experts, please give us your informed opinion please.

http://www.itv.com/news/851110.html
IMO not really at odds with anything I've been saying. The big bubble is in London and the South. Last bubble, many parts of the grim North never really saw much house price super-inflation and just went stagnant for a few years instead of going backwards as in the South.

Cheers - Don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.