Mount Barker

Old May 8th 2007, 2:37 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all
Default Mount Barker

Hi all have just applied for a job in mount barker ant one know any thing about the area. Good or Bad. OH and better also ask about schools or the other half will have a fit lol.

cheers steve
Old May 8th 2007, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

nzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nice
Default Re: Mount Barker

Originally Posted by stevelaird
Hi all have just applied for a job in mount barker ant one know any thing about the area. Good or Bad. OH and better also ask about schools or the other half will have a fit lol.

cheers steve
Which one SA or WA??
Old May 8th 2007, 3:24 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nzer57
Which one SA or WA??

sorry should have said SA
Old May 8th 2007, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stevelaird
sorry should have said SA
have been through Mount Barker, seemed a very pleasant little place but couldn't say anything else aboout it to be honest, too small for me to want to live there but it depends on what you like but couldn't see anything 'bad' about it if this is any help.
Old May 8th 2007, 7:41 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Babsw
have been through Mount Barker, seemed a very pleasant little place but couldn't say anything else aboout it to be honest, too small for me to want to live there but it depends on what you like but couldn't see anything 'bad' about it if this is any help.
Wendy should be able to assist you with this mate, she is awesome and knows stacks about SA
Old May 8th 2007, 8:20 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Mount Barker

I know Mt Barker well, having been there many times.

It's a good sized town in the hills, about 40 minutes from Adelaide. Entirely self-sufficient; has everything you'd need in a town, including a public swimming pool, several banks, a few schools, a hospital, and at least one car dealership. There's handful of good restaurants, too.

House prices are cheap (average around the $250,000 mark) and the area is clean and safe.

Old May 8th 2007, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Love it, love it, love it!

(And want to live there eventually!)
Old May 8th 2007, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Love it, love it, love it!

(And want to live there eventually!)
A couple of links for you.

http://www.dcmtbarker.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm

http://www.visitadelaidehills.com.au...uct_id=9003123

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_B...outh_Australia
Old May 8th 2007, 11:39 pm
visa granted 6th August

cheers marco

steve
Old May 8th 2007, 11:46 pm
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

Yup,it is a nice place.Quite sleep and not too far away from Adelaide city.

You will find the people very friendly there.Dunno if it is just me but I find the country folk even friendlier here in Oz
Old May 9th 2007, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Well as I live there I know a bit! Town area is about 10,000 peeps but has the facilities of a far bigger place, and more chain stores are opening soon. It even has a 7 screen cinema. I can get to wingfield (other side of CBD in) 55 mins at rush hour and parked up at Rundle street in 40 mins on a saturday. Schools are fine I've been told, child care spaces are available I know. Only a couple of ruff streets. If your not a city/beach person it's ideal. South coast beaches take about 45 mins to get to. We really like the place, but land is going up so we are moving to a small 'satellite' village (Nairne) anything specific pm me.
Old May 10th 2007, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Robinson Family is on a distinguished road

Hi
We have lived in Mount Barker since last August. We have bought a lovely house with a good size plot of land.
The schools are good especially the two private schools Cornerstone and St Francis de Sales college (where my kids go). I have also done relief teaching here and pleased with what I have seen.
As said before there are all the main shops that I need and it is only 40 minute drive to the city or Marion.
Also we often go to the beach for a drive out but still less than a hour to Victor harbour, Glenelg or Brighton.
The wineries in Mc claren Vale are fairly close and then on to Maslin beach.

There is a lot of building taking place on Alexandrina road with a new estate going up at the moment with plots of land approx 400m2.
Of springs road and Balds hill road there are three estates, Martindale, Dalmeny and Waterford where the land is approx 1000-4000m2 in size however ,these size plots are coming to the end of their new release and limited in supply.
Houses that are already built on these estate are selling really quickly at the moment after a slight slump for between 450000 - 700,000 dollars.

Only slight downfall is that it is about 4 degrees colder than the city and the coast. Lovely in the summer but not so in the winter. If you are considering MT B bring your blankets and coats which I didn't and regret.

There is also a thread on Adelaidebrits at the moment about Mt Barker.

WE have no regrets about living here especially each morning when I open my curtains to a view of Mt Barker summit.

Andrea
Old May 10th 2007, 2:36 pm
visa granted 6th August

Hi every one just to let you know i got the job And thay are willing to sponsor us. will this speed up our application cant type here so excited.

cheers steve