Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Motorcycling in Australia

Wikiposts

Motorcycling in Australia

Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:26 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Motorcycling in Australia

What would you do if you saw this lot on the streets in Australia?

Pray !!

and why would you pray ?

http://www.toj.org.au/

Looks are deceiving

Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:30 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Motorcycling in Australia

Originally posted by ABCDiamond

Looks are deceiving

True, very true
Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:37 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: Motorcycling in Australia

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
What would you do if you saw this lot on the streets in Australia?

Pray !!

and why would you pray ?

http://www.toj.org.au/

Looks are deceiving

if i saw this lot out on the road i'd be probably looking for an easy way to get past em on those big fat slow harleys....
Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:06 pm
Redland Bay - 22/06/04

LaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud of

Just find a bend and when they slow their trucks down to 5mph...bingo, overtake. Then again they're Harleys so even on a straight you'd leave 'em behind if you were riding a 350. Oh, and they need 5mins warning to break. Sod it! they're the only bike I'd exchange for a car - and that's saying something!!

Bryn

Searching for a replacement for my dead Triumph 955i !!
Old Jun 13th 2004, 12:16 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by LaraandBryn
Just find a bend and when they slow their trucks down to 5mph...bingo, overtake. Then again they're Harleys so even on a straight you'd leave 'em behind if you were riding a 350. Oh, and they need 5mins warning to break. Sod it! they're the only bike I'd exchange for a car - and that's saying something!!

Bryn

Searching for a replacement for my dead Triumph 955i !!
pmsl.... you said what i was thinking.

is there a replacement for 955? well apart from a new one. good luck anyway.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 12:19 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Geez, and they're based at Queens Rd, Kingston. I wonder if they test their hogs out by going up and down the Queens Rd. hill?
Old Jun 13th 2004, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

carlos1340 is an unknown quantity at this point

The way I see it is, I like riding motorbikes.

My personal preference is my harley, certainly not the fastest bike on the road, no argument there at all, but, and it's quite a major BUT, with the number of keen traffic cops and speed cameras in OZ, at least I'll keep a clean licence!

As well as that if I've got a 100 mile ride to do, at an average speed of 50mph, it'll take 2 hours, on a crotch rocket, considerably less, but as I said up there somewhere,"I like riding motorbikes", so the longer I am riding the bike, the better! Plus, when I get off the Harley, I can walk about like normal, not like I've got a crook back and knackered legs.

I also ride jap bikes, I'm not quite as narrow minded as some Harley riders - "Harleys best,f**k the rest"- attitude, I know they are overpriced, underpowered, underbraked,etc, BUT I LIKE THEM!

Rant over!!

Carlos
Old Jun 13th 2004, 3:16 am
life begins again...

Originally posted by carlos1340
The way I see it is, I like riding motorbikes.

My personal preference is my harley, certainly not the fastest bike on the road, no argument there at all, but, and it's quite a major BUT, with the number of keen traffic cops and speed cameras in OZ, at least I'll keep a clean licence!

As well as that if I've got a 100 mile ride to do, at an average speed of 50mph, it'll take 2 hours, on a crotch rocket, considerably less, but as I said up there somewhere,"I like riding motorbikes", so the longer I am riding the bike, the better! Plus, when I get off the Harley, I can walk about like normal, not like I've got a crook back and knackered legs.

I also ride jap bikes, I'm not quite as narrow minded as some Harley riders - "Harleys best,f**k the rest"- attitude, I know they are overpriced, underpowered, underbraked,etc, BUT I LIKE THEM!

Rant over!!

Carlos
Harleys are great, i wont argue with you on that. they do have their place in the market or people wouldn't by them in their thousands.... and that noise they make is unique.

each to their own i say as long as you ride a bike you're ok in my book
Old Jun 13th 2004, 2:19 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

I hav'nt even got around to getting my L's yet, but tis in the pipework. As soon as i have my full ill be out looking for a nice Buell......hmmmmm.....

*salavates..*
Old Jun 13th 2004, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

I've had a lot like this in my rear view mirror a few times, awesome when they all let rip and go past!!

Mandy