Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Motorcycle Yamaha Tenere

Motorcycle Yamaha Tenere

Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:45 am
Just Joined

Lingyai is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Motorcycle Yamaha Tenere

I'm moving to Oz in the New Year and the biggest question in my mind so far is do I take the bike with me.

I've got a BMW R1150GS, I've had it 6 years I'm really unsure weather to take it to Oz or sell it over here. I've pretty much got it as I want it and I'm sure that any alternative would be a disappointment. If there was a suitable alternative in Oz it would make the decision a lot easier. I don't want this thread to turn into a debate into the pro n cons of different bike but does anyone know if Yamaha intend to sell the Tenere in Australia?

I've seen threads on different sites saying they are but most of these threads are over a year old.

Any advice on the Tenere proposed sale date would be gratefully received.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:32 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Motorcycle Yamaha Tenere

Originally Posted by Lingyai
I'm moving to Oz in the New Year and the biggest question in my mind so far is do I take the bike with me.

I've got a BMW R1150GS, I've had it 6 years I'm really unsure weather to take it to Oz or sell it over here. I've pretty much got it as I want it and I'm sure that any alternative would be a disappointment. If there was a suitable alternative in Oz it would make the decision a lot easier. I don't want this thread to turn into a debate into the pro n cons of different bike but does anyone know if Yamaha intend to sell the Tenere in Australia?

I've seen threads on different sites saying they are but most of these threads are over a year old.

Any advice on the Tenere proposed sale date would be gratefully received.
Dont know the Tenere, but here are a few links that might be worth looking into :
http://www.google.com.au/search?sour...nere+australia

If you have spent plenty on the bike and are planning to keep it, just bring the bike with you. All the various taxes & duties etc will make it just as expensive as buying new/2nd habd here, but do not take into account modifications.

The general rule of thumb with bikes & cars is that it isnt worth the hassle/cost, but old timers, rare models and maybe in your case its the best option. Dont forget to take into account that the bike will be a grey import, and will not be easy to sell, and will get well under market value here in general.

Last edited by furkew; Aug 19th 2009 at 10:37 am.