Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Motorcycle license

Motorcycle license

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 5:07 pm

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice
Default Motorcycle license

I've read all the stuff about transferring your UK driving license, especially the rules for Victoria (which is where we would be heading).

One thing I've not been able to get a straight answer to is whether it's the same procedure for motorcycle licenses. I've held my full bike license since last year, and intend to keep riding once we're out there.

So does my motorcycle entitlement just get transferred over along with the rest of my license, or is there other stuff to do?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Melbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really nice
Default Re: Motorcycle license

Hi,

presumably you just have the one license that shows all the vehicles you are allowed to drive and the motorbike is on there?

If so nothing else to do.

If you are on a temp visa then you just use your Uk licenses if you are on PR then you have 6 months after you get here to transfer your license to an Australian one.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

We both have full motorcycle licences as well as car & it was all simply transferred on to our new ones here. We're in WA so not sure if it's different to Victoria but can't see why it would be any different there.

Alison x
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by schwuk
I've read all the stuff about transferring your UK driving license, especially the rules for Victoria (which is where we would be heading).

One thing I've not been able to get a straight answer to is whether it's the same procedure for motorcycle licenses. I've held my full bike license since last year, and intend to keep riding once we're out there.

So does my motorcycle entitlement just get transferred over along with the rest of my license, or is there other stuff to do?
Yes, mine did when I moved to VIC so yours will
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Melbourne bound Mark
Hi,

presumably you just have the one license that shows all the vehicles you are allowed to drive and the motorbike is on there?

If you are on a temp visa then you just use your Uk licenses if you are on PR then you have 6 months after you get here to transfer your license to an Australian one.
It's 3 months if you are on a PR, unless that has changed recently.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Melbourne bound Mark
Hi,

Looks like you are correct it is now 6 months - must have changes since I turned up here

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...rsLicences.htm
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Also works in NSW, my UK bike license went straight onto my NSW one.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:21 pm

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Motorcycle license

Cool. Thanks all.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by schwuk
Cool. Thanks all.

Happy biking. Great weather for it here.