Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Motor Mechanics (4211-11)

Motor Mechanics (4211-11)

Old Mar 18th 2005, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice
Smile Motor Mechanics (4211-11)

Hi All

- Hope somebody can help with this one -

To be able to work in Australia as a motor mechanic do you need to be registered, licensed or have any professional membership?

Cheers

Hazel (on Kev's behalf)
Old Mar 18th 2005, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Motor Mechanics (4211-11)

Hello i asked this question to a lad i used to work with ( he's now in perth ) and he said that it was only mechanics that needed a licence. I'm sure that it won't be to hard to get one. Good luck.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 7:10 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kevhaze
Hi All

- Hope somebody can help with this one -

To be able to work in Australia as a motor mechanic do you need to be registered, licensed or have any professional membership?

Cheers

Hazel (on Kev's behalf)
Yes most trades need a licence before you can work, i did mine in Sydney in 93 and just showed my city & guilds at the licence office filled in a form handed over a fee and there you go. Oh they also wanted a certified copy of passport with visa in it to prove that i was allowed to work in oz. You will need to find the licence office in the state when you move there. Any car dealer will tell you where to go locally ok
Old Mar 18th 2005, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Cheers for that.

Hazel