Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Motor home for family of 7

Motor home for family of 7

Old Feb 19th 2004, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Motor home for family of 7

I have made internet enquiries. I cant find a company that has a motorhome that will cater for 2 adults and 5 kids for a month in the brisbane area in June 04. maybe there isnt one. Anybody know of a company that can help.

Graham
Old Feb 19th 2004, 6:33 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe there just isn't one due to the fact there would be a murder committed. 5 kids in a tin box on wheels, have you lost the plot:scared:

sorry can't be of more help
Old Feb 19th 2004, 6:43 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Motor home for family of 7

Originally posted by glhall
I have made internet enquiries. I cant find a company that has a motorhome that will cater for 2 adults and 5 kids for a month in the brisbane area in June 04. maybe there isnt one. Anybody know of a company that can help.

Graham
Hev may have a point. Considered a tent / tents and staying inside the tin box alone?
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:00 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Best I could find was this
http://www.maui.com.au/ or http://www.britz.com.au

They have a 6 seaters.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your replies. I would have thought some company would have something. We may have to squeeze into a 6 berth but Im not sure whether we have to have 7 seat belts. Tenting isnt really an option.

graham
Old Feb 20th 2004, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Motor home for family of 7

Graham
I think it's a good idea, Moterhomes have a fridge, stove, toilet air con, take a tent with an added net you can sit outside to eat without the mozzies getting you. And one of you can sleep with a couple of kids in the tent......lots of room........

We have a business in Motorhomes, always keep the fridge level ....yes the fridge......when you level up the M-H go inside and check the fridge with a small level back to front side to side, it helps it run right in the heat.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:04 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Thanks for your replies. I would have thought some company would have something. We may have to squeeze into a 6 berth but Im not sure whether we have to have 7 seat belts. Tenting isnt really an option.

graham
OK, an annex - just a leanto tent really.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by bondipom
Best I could find was this
http://www.maui.com.au/ or http://www.britz.com.au

They have a 6 seaters.

Thats my kinda travel.....
Old Feb 21st 2004, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Someone said its illegal to put 7 in a 6 berth motorhome. Whats the story with seatbelts in motorhomes - anyone know? A tent off the motorhome is a good idea but would we have to stay in camping grounds. Would the police move us on if they saw a van with a tent in a park or stop off area. It appears that 6 berth is the best we can get in Oz. other option is to hire a car as well but it makes it a very expensive trip.

Would appreciate any more help/ideas

Graham
Old Feb 21st 2004, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Someone said its illegal to put 7 in a 6 berth motorhome. Whats the story with seatbelts in motorhomes - anyone know? A tent off the motorhome is a good idea but would we have to stay in camping grounds. Would the police move us on if they saw a van with a tent in a park or stop off area. It appears that 6 berth is the best we can get in Oz. other option is to hire a car as well but it makes it a very expensive trip.

Would appreciate any more help/ideas

Graham
In Canada everyone has to have a seat belt, and if seat belts are mandatory in Oz i would think the same rule applies, anyway they should all wear a belt.......check and see if the motor vehicle for Oz has a web site. or phone the Police (i would).........

You need electric to run the Air Con...but the fridge and furnace and stove work off Propane... (I think you say Calor Gas). ?

Thats the beauty of a R.V you can park anywhere......
Old Feb 21st 2004, 10:08 pm
Banned

WA: Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds Act

Qld: Camping and caravanning: parks, forests and similar reserves