Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

motor bike test?

motor bike test?

Old Jul 19th 2003, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Nicstids
I believe that in South Australia you have to do both practical and theory whether it be for a car or a bike. They seem to be out of synch with other states where you just have to do the theory test.

It's yet another money grabbing ploy by the South Australian government to relieve you of more of your hard earned $$$$$$

Try and find a link to a WA site that will tell you what you need to know Ellen.
Old Jul 19th 2003, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Jeztechs has a spectacular aura aboutJeztechs has a spectacular aura aboutJeztechs has a spectacular aura about

Hi Ellen1

No, No, No, No,

Do not take your test in England. Before coming over to Oz around 2 years ago I rode a 125cc for years, always said one day I will take my test but never did.
Like you, I thought I would wait till I get to Oz, at least over there I would be able to afford a big bike if I passed.

As you may know you will want to sort out your car licence first, in Queensland and NSW all you do is take a theory test, no problem.

As for the bike test, this is all I done:
First take a theory test which is just 5 questions, yes 5
Secondly, book a Q Ride test, this gives you a little training while you are being assessed. I was nervous about riding a big bike to take the Q Ride test as was others. All we done was take note of important bike parts, like where to put oil etc. Then practised how to brake, how to turn and how to ride around cones. Then went back to base and watched a video about road craft. This took just 4 hours and was then presented with a certificate to take to your licence centre. Go to the licence centre and they add on your class to ride anybike you wish.

All in all this took 5 hours, and there was not one indercation that you will not pass. To easy.......

Now after 2 years I am in the same situation, cant afford a bike just yet!!!!!!!!!

Jerry