Mothers love

Old Sep 7th 2005, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mothers love

9 MONTHS ON-
I am happy now, but not content. Me and hubby are here with 4 kids, 3 came with us, my daughter came out 6 month after, it was just awful for me as i missed her so much [my only daughter] she is 19,
I miss Scott so much, he is 23, and has just put his application in for student visa, going to Perth, him and his girlfriend, they are so excited, they get here on the 2nd of Jan. Icant wait, it will have been 12 months since i have seen him, and i wake up in the night crying for him, it is so far away.
It is costing us lots of money for this, but i dont care,
Then there is Kevin my oldest, he lives in London, he is 25, he works with the homeless in covent garden, i dont know if he will move out here, he has been here on holiday, and he is coming over again in October, but everytime they go back i am heartbroken, I sometimes wish i was back home , as we where not unhappy, just wanted to try something else.
I want to stay, but dont think i will be content until they are all here, my babes, does this sound selfish. Just felt i had to write this today as i had a bad night last night. Denise
Old Sep 7th 2005, 1:32 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mothers love

Originally Posted by cranni
I want to stay, but dont think i will be content until they are all here, my babes, does this sound selfish. Just felt i had to write this today as i had a bad night last night. Denise
I understand and I don't think you are being selfish. There is nothing like a mothers love so of course you are going to miss them! You have children to love and they are with you until they fly the nest so its hard once they are gone! My mum is heartbroken that I have moved to Oz as we were very close and saw each other several times a week, going everywhere together. I feel guilty but my mum says its my life she didn't have me so that she could govern how I lived my life. It is hard as we all have to go our own way and although this may not fit in with how we would like our lives to be we have to accept that that is the way it is and we all make our own choices. I have periods of tearfulness and guilt as I feel bad about leaving my mum.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meelie
I understand and I don't think you are being selfish. There is nothing like a mothers love so of course you are going to miss them! You have children to love and they are with you until they fly the nest so its hard once they are gone! My mum is heartbroken that I have moved to Oz as we were very close and saw each other several times a week, going everywhere together. I feel guilty but my mum says its my life she didn't have me so that she could govern how I lived my life. It is hard as we all have to go our own way and although this may not fit in with how we would like our lives to be we have to accept that that is the way it is and we all make our own choices. I have periods of tearfulness and guilt as I feel bad about leaving my mum.
thnkyou for that, i am now typing with tears in my eyes, as i miss my mum and dad too, and other family members, but i do speak to them all the time on WEB CAM, and it really does help. This week they have gone to Brighton, and that is probably why i am feeling so low, as i have no contact at the moment. They are so pleased for us makng this move , and have been here on hols already and they are coming back at xmas for 4 months. Denise
Old Sep 7th 2005, 1:58 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

9 MONTHS ON-
I am happy now, but not content. Me and hubby are here with 4 kids, 3 came with us, my daughter came out 6 month after, it was just awful for me as i missed her so much [my only daughter] she is 19,
I miss Scott so much, he is 23, and has just put his application in for student visa, going to Perth, him and his girlfriend, they are so excited, they get here on the 2nd of Jan. Icant wait, it will have been 12 months since i have seen him, and i wake up in the night crying for him, it is so far away.
It is costing us lots of money for this, but i dont care,
Then there is Kevin my oldest, he lives in London, he is 25, he works with the homeless in covent garden, i dont know if he will move out here, he has been here on holiday, and he is coming over again in October, but everytime they go back i am heartbroken, I sometimes wish i was back home , as we where not unhappy, just wanted to try something else.
It all sounds very understandable, except, they are now fully grown adults, who are going to make their own decisions in life, as you did when you moved out here. Your two sons are grown adult men, who are probably missing you too, but there comes a time as a parent when the nest is going to start to empty, its all part of life. They have their own lives to live now, and their own experiences to encounter, you sound like a very close family which is nice, but perhaps the time has come to start letting go ever so slightly and start to enjoy your new life.

Good luck.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 2:05 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

thnkyou for that, i am now typing with tears in my eyes, as i miss my mum and dad too, and other family members, but i do speak to them all the time on WEB CAM, and it really does help. This week they have gone to Brighton, and that is probably why i am feeling so low, as i have no contact at the moment. They are so pleased for us makng this move , and have been here on hols already and they are coming back at xmas for 4 months. Denise
Made me cry too when I replied to your message. My parents live a few miles from Brighton in Sussex and they have gone on their hols up north. I was supposed to ring my mum before i went but didn't finish work till 11pm and I forgot to call. I have felt terrible since! My parents have a webcam but we are waiting for my sisters partner to set it up. I use mine so at least my mum can see me. Its hard though. I ended up crying at work too, thankfully I have a colleague who is from Scotland so she can empathise with me.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Made me cry too when I replied to your message. My parents live a few miles from Brighton in Sussex and they have gone on their hols up north. I was supposed to ring my mum before i went but didn't finish work till 11pm and I forgot to call. I have felt terrible since! My parents have a webcam but we are waiting for my sisters partner to set it up. I use mine so at least my mum can see me. Its hard though. I ended up crying at work too, thankfully I have a colleague who is from Scotland so she can empathise with me.
What a coincidence, my mum and dad are 70, and they can use a computor now, all because of us emigrating, it has opened up a whole new world for them, and they seem younger now. I suppose we will have bad times and good times no matter where we are.I felt bad too because i meant to ring mine before they left and i forgot, no excuse i just forgot. i dont feel like i can talk to friends here they dont understand, and i dont want to burden my family. Good job i have you lot on here and we can share each others good days as well as bad days. Denise
Old Sep 7th 2005, 2:30 am
Nicest member ( I think)

What a coincidence, my mum and dad are 70, and they can use a computor now, all because of us emigrating, it has opened up a whole new world for them, and they seem younger now. I suppose we will have bad times and good times no matter where we are.I felt bad too because i meant to ring mine before they left and i forgot, no excuse i just forgot. i dont feel like i can talk to friends here they dont understand, and i dont want to burden my family. Good job i have you lot on here and we can share each others good days as well as bad days. Denise
It is a coincidence! My mum is 67 and I paid for her to get connected to the internet before I left UK so that we could stay in touch. And its opened up a new world for her too! She uses the net for research now as she is writing a book.
As for having everyone on here, its true. I think its fair to say that almost everyone on here has experienced the same feelings as us so we know we are not alone.
I have only been in Brisbane for 2 months and haven't really had the chance to build a social circle. I was off work yesterday and today but have no-one to talk to or go out with. Quite sad really. I think for me, the hardest part is not having your friends and family at hand to talk to like I had in the UK. No doubt things will improve eventually.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

It is a coincidence! My mum is 67 and I paid for her to get connected to the internet before I left UK so that we could stay in touch. And its opened up a new world for her too! She uses the net for research now as she is writing a book.
As for having everyone on here, its true. I think its fair to say that almost everyone on here has experienced the same feelings as us so we know we are not alone.
I have only been in Brisbane for 2 months and haven't really had the chance to build a social circle. I was off work yesterday and today but have no-one to talk to or go out with. Quite sad really. I think for me, the hardest part is not having your friends and family at hand to talk to like I had in the UK. No doubt things will improve eventually.
You will make friends but it is different, i have made some lovely friends, but you dont have history and they dont really know you, and the worse thing is if we are wanting to talk to anybody back home they are all in bed at this time, so its a good job we have this site.Do you have children, do you think you will be able to settle as it is early days for you. Denise
Old Sep 7th 2005, 3:32 am
Nicest member ( I think)

You will make friends but it is different, i have made some lovely friends, but you dont have history and they dont really know you, and the worse thing is if we are wanting to talk to anybody back home they are all in bed at this time, so its a good job we have this site.Do you have children, do you think you will be able to settle as it is early days for you. Denise
Yes I have a daughter of 16. She is happy now as she agreed to go to high school and as a result of going has made friends and has a good social life! When we first came she was really depressed and wanted to go back to the UK, but she has actually said she is glad she came! So that was a huge weight off my mind as I felt guilty initially. (Lots of guilt huh! Its no wonder my hair has gone so grey!) I'm hoping that I will settle eventually but do have second thoughts occasionally, then I remember what it was like in the UK. My husband has grown up children in the UK and I miss them too as we were close. The middle one would like to move to Oz so hopefully one day it will be possible. I have a couple of colleagues who I worked with in the UK who are moving out here too, one to Sydney, the other is not sure where yet but is considering Brisbane. I shall have to persuade her to move here won't I!
Old Sep 7th 2005, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

I can only imagine how you must be feeling so ((((Cranni))))

Mrs J
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
It all sounds very understandable, except, they are now fully grown adults, who are going to make their own decisions in life, as you did when you moved out here. Your two sons are grown adult men, who are probably missing you too, but there comes a time as a parent when the nest is going to start to empty, its all part of life. They have their own lives to live now, and their own experiences to encounter, you sound like a very close family which is nice, but perhaps the time has come to start letting go ever so slightly and start to enjoy your new life.

Good luck.
Thank you , and you are right, i am a born worrier, and worry about everything, dont know how i ever got through this emigration lark. Denise