Mothers day!

Old Mar 6th 2005, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future
Default Mothers day!

Incase you didn't know, cos my bro in Aus didn't. Its been mothers day today in the UK....... :scared: too late to remind you now tho i guess
Old Mar 7th 2005, 12:10 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mothers day!

Ack!!!! Was it really??? Uh oh...!!!
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:27 am
PommieLeague

What is the reason why its on a different day over here?

Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:57 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lathlain
It's a different country.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 2:09 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lathlain
I think Australia is taking off the American Mothers day. I never pay much notice to the Aussie one, as I haven't got a mum here.

Haven't got a clue why Aus has a diff day to Britain, but I can tell you why the real mothering sunday is so straight off the top of my head ( British one, and the oldest one.)

It was in ye early days, back the mist of time, it was when all the maids had their one day off in the year. The silly wenches used to buy flowers and take them home to mam on this one day off that the poor sods only got - one story, at probably the most correct one.

Someone will google it , and show you a maid story, or the other story no doubt .

The maids one is believed to be where it comes from. "Anyways" the British mothering Sunday is the real one, the rest I have not got a clue why they have their own dates

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Mar 7th 2005 at 2:13 am.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 2:59 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
Someone will google it , and show you a maid story, or the other story no doubt .

cheers

Consider it googled:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi...ay/index.shtml
Old Mar 7th 2005, 3:03 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jayr
told you

how about boxing day? ask me , oooh ask me ! lol This is when the Lord muck of the households used to hand out presents to his staff, to the little people.

Do you know my mum in law hands out presents on boxing day!!!
Every boxing day, all the family has to go - cousins, inlaws, every man and his dog etc etc ( and I mean they have to go !!!) to her home and she hands out presents.

who does she think she is eh? lol

why do you think I'm in Aus, I can't get much further away can I

Last edited by Ceri; Mar 7th 2005 at 3:09 am.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

My cheeky mother asked where her mother's day card was, not sure how she remembered as she's in Greece. I fobbed her off with the old "I send you one when it's Australian mother's day".
Funny though, things just aren't such a big deal here; we both forgot cards on Valentines day, which was funny.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 4:52 am
Karma Comedian

Originally Posted by Larissa
we both forgot cards on Valentines day, which was funny.
I didn't. My wife did. Not very funny...