Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Motherin Sunday cards......

Motherin Sunday cards......

Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:50 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Motherin Sunday cards......

has any1 spotted any in the south east ov Briz?

boomie
xx
Old Feb 16th 2005, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Motherin Sunday cards......

sorry........cant help you there Boomie.
They have got them in Perth though!!!!!!
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:19 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Why not wait till nearer to Mother's day (2nd Sunday in May) - there will be plenty of cards in the shops then

Seriously, that is what I do. Each year Mum is sure I have forgotten her (well - there is nothing here to remind me of the English dates and I am a bloke so I would not remember unaided). Then, in May, she gets a card and a phone call wishing here a happy Mother's day. Lucky woman gets 2 special days

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Boomie
has any1 spotted any in the south east ov Briz?

boomie
xx
They have them north of brisbane if you are willing to travel.
i got mine from westfield at chermside the card shop next to kmart.
i'm sure they will have them in the card shops in the city too.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Pollyana did a thread on this, maybe do a search as she is in Brisbane too

Mandy
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scrawni
Pollyana did a thread on this, maybe do a search as she is in Brisbane too

Mandy
I'm northside too though - they have them at Toombul and Chermside, but don't know about south Brissie. If you have a Nextra newsagent, give them a go.

Dagboy - its all very well remembering Aussie Mothers Day in May, but I know for a fact that my mum would be gutted if I forgot the UK equivalent, Mothering Sunday (6th March). Being so far away, the remembering is important to her.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

nanci will become famous soon enoughnanci will become famous soon enough

I'm in Sydney, but found mum's day cards tagged onto the Easter cards, under Mother's Day UK, and next to St Patrick's Day cards, in Myers and a couple of newsagents at our local Westfield.

Hope this helps,

Nanci