Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Most stupid, pointless and ignorant news reporting

Most stupid, pointless and ignorant news reporting

Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Most stupid, pointless and ignorant news reporting

The country is having debates, polls, newspaper articles and repeatedly on the news a discussion on should the video of Steve Irwins final moments of death be released.

Are these reporters that thick? or desperate for just another senstional tid bit. that they have to even ponder if we are going to see how someone died. For pitys sake, thats a highly personal moment that even his family may not want to see. Anybody with a brain or an ounce of respect would not want nor expect to see it!

Are they indicating people are so desperate for a bit of drama in their lives they would even want to see it.

Really shocked at how far they will go to get another minutes coverage or a bit more drama to wind the public up.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most stupid, pointless and ignorant news reporting

Originally Posted by jad n rich
The country is having debates, polls, newspaper articles and repeatedly on the news a discussion on should the video of Steve Irwins final moments of death be released.

Are these reporters that thick? or desperate for just another senstional tid bit. that they have to even ponder if we are going to see how someone died. For pitys sake, thats a highly personal moment that even his family may not want to see. Anybody with a brain or an ounce of respect would not want nor expect to see it!

Are they indicating people are so desperate for a bit of drama in their lives they would even want to see it.

Really shocked at how far they will go to get another minutes coverage or a bit more drama to wind the public up.
I completely agree with you, what ghoulish behaviour. It would be like watching a snuff video, EXTREMELY bad taste. What's up with these people?
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding from the last news report was that everyone was in agreement that the tape would be destroyed.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:32 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

It is in bad taste. However it is not really the Australian medias fault per se. Remember Kennedy, the pap shots of Diana in the tunnel etc etc.

ps - people can show their disgust by not watching it if ever aired. However I would bet that the viewing figures would be very high. Human nature I am afraid.

Last edited by seang; Sep 6th 2006 at 9:34 am.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britishaussie
I completely agree with you, what ghoulish behaviour. It would be like watching a snuff video, EXTREMELY bad taste. What's up with these people?

im with you on that one. i dont think any would want to see how he died certainly i would not.

His family are grieving they should respect their wishes and i cant see them wanting that aired on tv.
Certainly show the documentry he was working on but edit out his death.
Mandy
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe that there is debate about this issue. It should not be shown. Period. I've personally seen people dying violently & it's something I never want to see again in my life.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:42 am
I'm driving me nuts

The Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud of

I thought I heard the news saying that his family wanted to show the footage. Might be wrong though.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the way this is being handled. his family opt for a very private funeral and burial, totally private, nothing to do with the public or media.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I completely agree with you. On here they are saying that it will be destroyed and never shown.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=142045

It shouldn't be shown but I expect that somehow it will find its way onto the net.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:05 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the way this is being handled. his family opt for a very private funeral and burial, totally private, nothing to do with the public or media.
His dad was on TV earlier saying they'd almost certainly just have a small private family ceremony. As to the tape - I agree - no way should it ever see the light of day.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:11 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Most stupid, pointless and ignorant news reporting

Quite agree, plus in the 'stupid, pointless and ignorant news reporting' area the fact that within hours of his death they all started on about so what's going to happen to the zoo is it going to close for good without it's figure head etc. etc. and how does wife feel about it all... well der her husband just died how do you expect her to feel. My hat's off to Terry if she just has quiet funeral instead of media frenzy it should be private affair.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:12 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=annqldau]Quite agree, plus in the 'stupid, pointless and ignorant

I will tell you what else is sick within hours their were tex jokes bouncing around phones some sad bastards about
Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:38 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Angry Re: Most stupid, pointless and ignorant news reporting

[QUOTE=pike]
Originally Posted by annqldau
Quite agree, plus in the 'stupid, pointless and ignorant

I will tell you what else is sick within hours their were tex jokes bouncing around phones some sad bastards about
I know exactly what you are on about. heard a few flying around today. its absolutley disgusting. its shocking to see how many people can take the p**s out of someone else's loss and heartache

bec and egg
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:37 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Most stupid, pointless and ignorant news reporting

Originally Posted by seang
It is in bad taste. However it is not really the Australian medias fault per se. Remember Kennedy, the pap shots of Diana in the tunnel etc etc.

ps - people can show their disgust by not watching it if ever aired. However I would bet that the viewing figures would be very high. Human nature I am afraid.
Good points.

Personally, I'm fascinated by the way in which the British media has successfully kept the Diana thing alive for nearly ten years. Whenever it looks like dropping off the public radar, they somehow manage to revitalise the story with a fresh angle. It's an astonishing accomplishment; possibly without peer in the Western world.

For an excellent study on the power of the media and its unscrupulous pursuit of ratings, I recommend the Australian parody series Frontline.

The complete series can be purchased from the ABC shop here.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:38 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, I had someone today send me a chain email about Steve Irwin. I just don't understand some people

Let the poor man rest in peace and his family grieve for him in peace.

RIP Steve Irwin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.